Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Damage TX/RX

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Damage TX/RX

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2003, 11:15 AM
Bananaskin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damage TX/RX

Hi there,

I have read that you have to turn on the TX before the RX and when turning off you turn of TX last. Why is this ?. If it is done the other way (inadvertantly) will it cause damage to the TX/RX ?

Michael
Old 02-11-2003, 11:38 AM
Slug

Default Damage TX/RX

Michael,

No it won't cause damage. I have never fully understood the logic of doing things this way round and in practice most times I turn on the TX first out of habit rather than for any other reason.

Some thoughts for you.

If you turn on your RX first and the radio is receiving interference from somewhere it may cause the servos to move about beyond the designed limits of travel on your control surfaces and cause damage that way, it may also cause the retracts to go up on the ground etc.

However

If somebody is on the same frequency as you, you are likely to see the effects of this by turning on the RX first before your TX masks the problem and causes a disaster.

I usually turn off the RX first and wiggle the TX sticks to confirm before turning that off too, this avoids leaving the RX on and draining the flight battery by accident between flights.

Simon.
Old 02-11-2003, 06:09 PM
strato911

Default Damage TX/RX

All I can say is I agree with Simon. That's how it was explained to me way back when I started.
Old 02-11-2003, 08:40 PM
Bananaskin

Default Damage TX/RX

Originally posted by strato911
All I can say is I agree with Simon. That's how it was explained to me way back when I started.
As long as I ain't gonna cause any damage to either the RX or TX I am quite happy

Michael