Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Veco 61

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Veco 61

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 10:04 PM
AIRDEL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Veco 61

I have a Veco 61, at least 25 years old. I lit it up tonight and it seemed to run great. Expecially considering the crud in the tank(didn't realize till after)

Just wondering if anyone uses these yet and how good a motor they are?

Thanks,

Del
Old 05-03-2007, 10:18 PM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Veco 61

The VECO was designed by Clarence Lee who wrote the engine column for RCM magazine for many years.
It is the predecessor (virtually identical if not exactly) to the K&B .61 which is a fine engine. I've had several of the K&B"S and still have 2 which I still fly. It may not be as powerful a a more modern .61 but is still strong and was one of the strongest for it's size in the day.

http://www.mecoa.com/kb/parts.htm if you want more info or need parts. The K&B's are still in production.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:30 AM
TheBrickLayer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an equally old Veco .19 that I still fly. I had to remove the flutter valve on it and put a muffler on it to fly at my field. I have not had any problems with it starting or running over the last year that I have used it.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:24 PM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they are a good engine and still available today.clearance lee still offers them blueprinted and with the pdp modification they can come close to todays engines.considering how long they have been in production sort of speaks for itself.