Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Direction of the exhaust

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Direction of the exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2002, 06:46 AM
lekkaut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Direction of the exhaust

Hi,
it's me again with another question. I'm flying for a few months now but suddenly this came up to me: can the direction of the exhaust influence the way my plane fly? My exhaust is pointed to the side as it came from the store but shouldn't it point to the bottom?

greetings,
Richard
Old 04-15-2002, 07:27 AM
mrtim
My Feedback: (1)

Default Exhaust direction

It shouldn't really affect your plane one way or the other as far as flight performance. I always turn my exhaust to keep as much oil off of my planes as possible, most are directed under or over the right wing, cleanups will be easier for you.
Old 04-15-2002, 11:15 AM
lekkaut

Default ok

I know what you mean sadly enough... But I will point it more to the bottom so I will have less problems with my dad (car) and my mother (carpet)
Old 04-15-2002, 08:03 PM
FHHuber
Banned

Default Direction of the exhaust

Roll a bit of paper towel up and insert it in the exhaust. This will catch the majority of the fuel residue in the muffler.

Disconnect the fuel lines from the needle and the muffler and connect these lines to each other... and the last bit of fuel in the tank won't dump out unexpectedly. (also keeps moisture out of the tank. )

Exhaust tends to fall from the muffler in flight, so if you can direct it down below the fuselage, you keep most of the mess off the plane. The Du-Bro exhaust extensions are GREAT!

Aim the exhaust down. for ease of cleaning. As long as it isn't pointed forward... you won't affect flgiht performance.