Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

My first plane ( in a while)

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

My first plane ( in a while)

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2003, 05:43 AM
RacerX8518

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first plane ( in a while)

I've been out of flying for about 5 years, but still played around w/ the simulators every once in awhile, and even more now and feel that my skills are about what they were when i stopped flying. I was at the point where i could fly reasonably well even in really heavy wind. I was flying an ugly stick 60 (forgive me if thats incorrect, its been a while) I am now looking at giving it another go , but this time i want to go the electric route. I've been looking at the Crazy Max and the Wattage Sukhoi-31. I know i can fly the crazy max, but I want the sukhoi. I was wondering what everyones opinion would be to get the sukhoi. I am thinking that either i'll just lose it, or i can tone it down and give my self a little time to relearn everything.
thanks
Old 03-01-2003, 08:22 PM
greenboot
My Feedback: (1)

I think only you really know the answer. If you were comfortable flying in the past and have been using a simulator, you can handle it. Have someone start you out on a buddy box for the first flight.

Tom
Old 04-03-2003, 05:03 AM
KCFlyBoy
My Feedback: (12)

Good advice find a friend who has the skills you know you will need to fly the Sukhoi. The buddy box will help you get your wings under you and maybe save a plane.