Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Moved on to an Edge 540

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Moved on to an Edge 540

Old 05-21-2007, 03:50 PM
thunderbolts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moved on to an Edge 540

I recently took the plunge and decided to move on from my fun fly Cougar to a 90 size Top Gun Edge 540.

All went together quite well with a Saito 100 up front (Beautiful engine!!!!)

Just wanted to report a perfect maiden flight with no problems. Landing her was a little more difficult but I got the hang of it after a few passes.

She needed vitually no trim adjustment which is something I have always read nut never really believed!! What a great feeling to fly model that really has some great looks and manners. Looking forward to improving my flying over the summer.

Maybe a warbird next??? First things first....... I have gone out of my way to taken my time learning this hobby an I continue to learn all the time. I'm starting to see the benefit from doing this.

Happy flying chaps.

TB
Old 05-21-2007, 06:17 PM
ABELL

Default RE: Moved on to an Edge 540

My oldest son got his self an Edge today. He went with the Goldberg model. I guess I'll be stuck in the shop for a few nights assembeling it. I'm looking foward to getting it in the air. He will power it with a OS 91 FX.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:29 PM
alan0899

ORIGINAL: ABELL

My oldest son got his self an Edge today. He went with the Goldberg model. I guess I'll be stuck in the shop for a few nights assembeling it. I'm looking foward to getting it in the air. He will power it with a OS 91 FX.

G'day Mate,
Get your son in the shop to put it together, he will learn more, & appreciate the plane a lot more, if he had to work on it, with you.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:52 PM
ABELL

He'll be right there with me. He's 13 years old and a pretty good hand in the shop.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:04 PM
alan0899

G'day ABELL,
That's the perfect situation, you get to spend quality time with your son, & he learns to build/ assemble planes, & he can repair yours later, perrrfect.