Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Input on Alpha .60 Hanger 9 ARF plane possibility for Trainer

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Input on Alpha .60 Hanger 9 ARF plane possibility for Trainer

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 11:13 PM
dertwosubsw2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Input on Alpha .60 Hanger 9 ARF plane possibility for Trainer

I am thinking about a trainer and I was wondering if I could get some input on the Alpha .60 Hanger 9 trainer. I have a .60 Super Tigre engine and quite a bit of feild equipment. I also have a 6 channel "Expert radio" but I don't think a buddy box would work with it. I don't really know a whole lot about the radio. Should I still be able to use Futaba S3003 servos on any 4 channel radio on the market today? I would like to keep the buget to about $ 300 for a new plane and regular JR radio.

I plan to talk with a knowledgable hobbyist this weekend that goes to the local RC feild and then maybe put a small dent in my savings. I don't know if I am going to fly at home or at school.

I am very enthusiatic about getting a new plane and work with a trainer this summer. GO BUCKS!

All input and advice would be great. Thanks!
Old 05-25-2007, 12:19 AM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Input on Alpha .60 Hanger 9 ARF plane possibility for Trainer

The Hangar 9 Alpha .60 is a wonderful airframe. It would be a terrific platform for you to learn to fly. Any 4-channel sport radio and standard servos should fly this plane fine.

Since your budget is $300 or so, you should consider the JR Sport SX600 6-channel computer radio. It's a nice step up from a plain 4-channel sport radio, with 6 channels, digital trims, 10 model memory, and a nice set of programming/mixing features. Priced at $159.99, it also comes with a standard flight pack for your plane.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:08 PM
Safebet
My Feedback: (12)

That;s what I used until I totaled it. Great plane, and the Evolution engine was flawless. Stayed tuned and 1 dead stick in the entire life of the plane, probably 70 flights. Bad glow plug. Crash was due to pilot error, mine.

Jim
Old 05-26-2007, 12:54 AM
troposcuba

I learned on the H9 Alpha .40. smaller, but similar plane. the .60 will most likely be even easier to fly due to the larger size. the .40 is a great trainer. very smooth, predictable and as mentioned the evolution .40 that it came with (ARF version) runs more consistently than any of the other engines i have on other planes. so yes i think you could do much worse with your choices of a trainer. it is still fun to fly after you have moved on to other more advanced airframes as well.