Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

How do i setup a gas Tank on a 40cc gasser

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

How do i setup a gas Tank on a 40cc gasser

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 12:45 AM
mxracer3651

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do i setup a gas Tank on a 40cc gasser

I have a 40cc gas engine with walbro carb and i was wondering if the fuel tank has to be setup the same as a glow tank with exhaust pressure fitting or does the carb just draw gas? do i need a one way type vent on the tank? Any help would be appreciated....
Old 06-02-2007, 06:48 AM
B.L.E.

Default RE: How do i setup a gas Tank on a 40cc gasser

These carbs have a built in fuel pump so tank installation is not critical. Muffler pressure is not used on gassers, there is no advantage in using it. The tank only needs a vent or you will have a vacuum lock.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:57 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

B.L.E. is correct.

But I will also add - Not only do gassers not require muffler pressure, but it's a REALLY BAD idea to introduce hot gasses to a tank full of gasoline! [X(]
Old 06-02-2007, 08:28 AM
mxracer3651

Thanks alot guys. I didnt think i needed to put a pressure line in but i didnt want to fly it then dive down or something and have it stall. It also makes sense that you dont want hot gas vapors like a little compressed bomb lol. Thanks ...
Old 06-02-2007, 02:20 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

mxracer3651,
The others advice about tank pressure is spot on. One other precaution that I would like to throw out. Make sure you replace the standard stopper in the fuel tank with one designed for gasoline. Also, you can't use standard silicon fuel tubing with gasoline, you'll need to use Tygon tubing instead. Gasoline will dissolve the silicon fuel tubing and the standard tank stopper that comes with the fuel tanks.

[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXD755&P=7]Dubro Gas Conversion Stopper[/link]
[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXD739&P=ML]Dubro Tygon Tubing[/link]

Ken
Old 06-02-2007, 07:33 PM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am also setting up my first gas powered plane,I have all the stuff I need, stopper ,and tubing etc... was wondering whats a good way to vent the tank inside the fuse? I have read wrap the fuel lline around the tank a couple of times,is there a particular way so fuel doesn't drip out and all over the place.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:38 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

just run the line on a lap around the tank... and then vent it out the bottom..usually out of the cowl,,,,