Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

I did it!! solo flight

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

I did it!! solo flight

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 11:32 PM
nitrobeast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I did it!! solo flight

Well i got the cord cut. I haven't been flying for long, about 6-7 weeks. I used about 1 1/2 gallons.
Instructor said "are you ready", oh yeah. I figured he was gonna do it soon because he asked me the last time i was out how comfortable i felt.

Got up there and did everything great and landed with no problem. Cant wait to go tomorrow and do it again
Old 06-03-2007, 12:05 AM
somegeek
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: I did it!! solo flight

Congrats! Just remember everything your instructor taught you. Will keep you outta trouble.

Damn nice feeling to know you can go fly when you want.

somegeek
Old 06-03-2007, 03:14 AM
Wild Foamy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

soon that will be me! im supposed to be starting my lessons today and i cant wait!

hope you have lots of fun with your planes, why not try something like a mid-wing trainer to further improve your skills? :P
Old 06-03-2007, 07:08 AM
felixone

Huge congrats on the solo. I know that feeling so well! I just soloed for the first time last week. The only thing more scary than my first solo flight was actually the next time I went to the field. Even though the night I went was technically still beginners night I was still nervous as can be. Still it is a great feeling to know you can go flying any time you want now. Of course a storm named Barry has ensured I don't any flying this weekend [&o] I am hoping he clears out by this afternoon so I can get a couple flights in.

Again congrats on the solo, and have fun flying!
Old 06-03-2007, 07:57 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats!

This entitles you to one genuine RCU ATTABOY which is suitable for framing, lining trash cans and wrapping fish.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92376.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	696408  
Old 06-03-2007, 09:23 AM
AIRDEL

Congrats, Great feeling ain't it?

Del
Old 06-03-2007, 10:46 AM
Big feet

Well done nitrobeast,
Just take things slowly at first until you find your feet.
At this point it will feel like everyone is watching your every flight. That will pass. Just enjoy yourself.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:50 AM
Villa

I have always felt that you are not an RC pilot until you have a few crashes under your belt, after you have soloed. My crashes taught me how little I really knew.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:07 PM
nitrobeast

Thanks guys I went out this morning again and put on 4 more flights. 1 of my take offs wasnt pretty but everything else was good.
Storm is on it's way so i wanted to get some time in before it hits. Feels great
Old 06-03-2007, 12:12 PM
felixone

Nitro, since you got your flying in I will let you have the storm since it has kept me home all day. It looks like conditions might clear up mid-afternoon. Hopefully I can get a few flights in before the sun goes down.

Congrats again!
Old 06-03-2007, 04:06 PM
Gary L.

Congrats. !! Ive got rained out again 2day, we need the rain, but I've only got to go out one time.........
Old 06-03-2007, 05:27 PM
nitrobeast

Yeah its my turn, storm has reached me. Tomorrow is gonna be a wash but maybe Tuesday or Wednesday i can get back out.

ORIGINAL: felixone

Nitro, since you got your flying in I will let you have the storm since it has kept me home all day. It looks like conditions might clear up mid-afternoon. Hopefully I can get a few flights in before the sun goes down.

Congrats again!
undefined
Old 06-03-2007, 09:08 PM
mrlikescheese

We r having a fun fly this weekened and i am going to re-solo if it's not too windy. I soloed a couple of times a couple of years ago, but for some reason i lost intrest in rc for a year. This year i have my own trainer and i want to try again and keep going. ive promised myself that im going to solo next time i go to the field with my dad.

P.S. my dad is teaching me on the buddy box and ive been using the simulator a LOT. by the way, does the simulator make much of a difference on your flying? cuz i can land almost every time on the simulator, even in 15 mph wind.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:32 PM
Mr67Stang

ORIGINAL: Villa

I have always felt that you are not an RC pilot until you have a few crashes under your belt, after you have soloed. My crashes taught me how little I really knew.
There is a morbid truth in these words... Just take it easy and maybe you won't have to learn the way I and aparently Villa learned However, when it comes down to it... crashes happen. They are also known as "excuses to get a new plane" or "excuse to recover an old plane".
Old 06-04-2007, 05:18 AM
bingo field

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ha Ha Ha.. I thought I was the only one to use the "recovering" excuse. You will tend to use it when you develop a certain sense of overconfidence, doing things that end up taking you too low, or in an attitude that causes "dumb thumb" syndrome. I, however, have the attitude that it points me in the direction of where I need work, and the humility to keep checking my altitude...
Old 06-04-2007, 06:02 AM
Insanemoondoggie

We had a 12 year old girl show up with her Nextstart this week end. She had got it for X-mas and had been practicing on the Sim and after she could land 20 times with no problems, her Dad brought her to the feild.
It was great watching her fly and we all were surprized by how well she did. The instructor said she would`nt be on the box long.
You`ll do fine , the Sim is a great learning tool, and should help you to a speedy Solo. Good luck.

ORIGINAL: mrlikescheese

P.S. my dad is teaching me on the buddy box and ive been using the simulator a LOT. by the way, does the simulator make much of a difference on your flying? cuz i can land almost every time on the simulator, even in 15 mph wind.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:43 AM
Pacific Planes

Congrats on the Solo! Have fun flying as we all do.

(35% Extra 260 next? "wait, who said that"
Old 06-05-2007, 01:32 PM
Big feet

ORIGINAL: Insanemoondoggie

We had a 12 year old girl show up with her Nextstart this week end. She had got it for X-mas and had been practicing on the Sim and after she could land 20 times with no problems, her Dad brought her to the feild.
It was great watching her fly and we all were surprized by how well she did. The instructor said she would`nt be on the box long.
You`ll do fine , the Sim is a great learning tool, and should help you to a speedy Solo. Good luck.

My mate (chairman of our club) has Aerofly Pro deluxe, and his 8 year old son sat on it every day after school over the winter.
When he finally got to fly a real model he was off the box by the 4th flight. I was present, totally stunned. Sims definately work.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:35 PM
Bill Lowen

Good Job!!! I recently soloed and it feels awesome. I got my cool RC attaboy from Ken too!! hanging proudly on my wall.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:42 PM
mrlikescheese

thanks Insanemoondoggie, i'll keep flying on the simulator. this weekened is our fun fly and i only live about a mile away from the field, so im going to bike over there and help set up early. One of the members, Jack, is bringing his old Superstar trainer, the same one i have, and he said that he would fly with me on the buddy box with it. Later my dad will bring my Superstar and then i can practice aproaches and maybe even landings so i can solo.

Well wish me luck!