Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

im getting bored lol

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

im getting bored lol

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 05:53 PM
blkz2801

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default im getting bored lol

Ive been flying my tower hobbies trainer and its getting really boering. maybe its time to step up?
Old 06-03-2007, 06:10 PM
2HI2C

Default RE: im getting bored lol

Get A Stick, I was in Abilene a few months ago & took some planes out to your flying field. Real nice place to fly.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:20 PM
overbored77
My Feedback: (11)

Bored after just a few weeks, I think it's time for a 45% edge 540 with a DA200 .

Actually I am wondering what your flight plan is? Do you have a plan as to what you are doing while flying
or do you just fly around and make it up as you go.

The reason I ask is because I used to make it up as I went and got bored rather quickly, So bored that I got
a low wing plane and let it fly me for a few weeks, After I repaired it a fellow club member who is also a
Competition pattern pilot got a hold of me and started walking me through the manuevers of precision aerobatics.
we satrted at takeoff and fly an entire sequence of maneuvers ending with a landing. sometimes we will run
through the Pattern twice then land. Needless to say I never find myself bored anymore and it has helped my
flying skills tremendously.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:29 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: blkz2801

Ive been flying my tower hobbies trainer and its getting really boering. maybe its time to step up?
If you're only flying around in ovals, then probably not. Can you fly a wing-over turn with your Tower Trainer? Can you fly an inverted figure eight with your Tower Trainer? Can you fly a Cuban eight with your Tower Trainer?

If you still haven't mastered sportsman level aerobatics yet, you might want to spend some time working on them with your trainer.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:42 PM
overbored77
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: bigedmustafa
If you're only flying around in ovals, then probably not. Can you fly a wing-over turn with your Tower Trainer? Can you fly an inverted figure eight with your Tower Trainer? Can you fly a Cuban eight with your Tower Trainer?
And you can purchase all these maneuvers and many more at ace hobbies, Home of the THUNDER TIGER planes.

Sorry BigEd, I couldn't resist you can come and rough me up.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:52 PM
stang
My Feedback: (1)

Pick up a warbird kit and start building. That should get rid of your boredom.
Real modellers are builders!
Old 06-03-2007, 08:16 PM
somegeek
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: bigedmustafa

ORIGINAL: blkz2801

If you still haven't mastered sportsman level aerobatics yet, you might want to spend some time working on them with your trainer.
Good points, bigedmustafa. Seems people get bored with their trainers when they've yet to really push them or be able to fly them well.

blkz2801 - how much time do you have on your trainer? One thing to try, if you're ready for it, is to increase the throws on your control surfaces. Can really wake up a trainer. Hammer heads, inverted flight, IMAC basic patterns can present new challenges to run your trainer through and teach you how to fly your plane well/even better.

somegeek
Old 06-03-2007, 09:21 PM
Trollmaster

Get a Stick, Very little to no dihedral and fly faster. Since they are a high wing, they can have trainer characteristics. Sort of like a flying go-kart

Too soon for a warbird. You'll stuff that on the first flight
Old 06-03-2007, 10:02 PM
blkz2801

Well, Ive flew for about a year about 5 years ago and had a Avistar and a p-51 with retracts. Now that im flying again, i think its time to step up. I can fly the tower trainer upside down but the wing fights me ALOT. The avistar didnt fight that bad. And the tower trainer FLOATS FOREVER and is sooooooooooooo slow.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:03 PM
blkz2801

ORIGINAL: 2HI2C

Get A Stick, I was in Abilene a few months ago & took some planes out to your flying field. Real nice place to fly.
What planes did you bring out?
Old 06-04-2007, 05:40 AM
jetmech05

The wing fights me alot, the wing is supposed to fight you, it's a trainer that doesn't like being upside down. Master inverted flight with you're trainer, fly the pattern inverted then do figure 8's. As far as the airplane floating, shorten your final approach and do touch and go's. As many as you can in a short pattern.
Then again perhaps you are ready for your next plane. Ask some of the guys at your field what they think.
Base Your next plane on what you'd like to fly eventually if a war bird again, then a tail dragger, something like a 4*60 with dual rates.
Good Luck