Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

hobbyzone super cub

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

hobbyzone super cub

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 05:27 PM
mycarisaser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hobbyzone super cub

Hey I got a hobbyzone supercub friday night. So I thought I would teach my self to fly. I got a few flights in saterday(no crashes but came close) with a sustained 8mph wind with up to 14mph gusts. It about killed my nerves. Sunday we had the tropical depression come through but I still got 3 flights in between the rain with winds at 14+mph and still no crashing(Was getting better but the wind threw the plane all over the place). Today I wanted to try flying with the A.C.T. system off. WOW what fun I got double loops and loop and rolls. I also got some touch and goes done today(8mph winds). Killed 3 batts and no crashing. This thing is great I cant belive how easy this thing is to fly. I would recommend this thing to any beginner wanting an easy flyer. I think I am getting hooked. In about a month of flying this I think I am going to get the new swift or extream? How much differant is having aileron controls? Is it that much harder to fly and what is the benifets of having the aileron control? Thanks Matt!
Old 06-04-2007, 05:52 PM
jdkxtreme

Default RE: hobbyzone super cub

Glad you like it...Well let me tell you what it will not withstand..lol..I had the ACT or whatever off and I was about 200 feet up.Not too far from me just kinda high.And for some reason lost signal at wide open throttle it took a nose dive from 200 or so feet up straight into the ground..lol.. broke in half..lol..I glueded it and taped it and now I am good as new.Not for sure what went wrong I just lost signal.Anyway glad you like it.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:18 PM
mycarisaser

Sorry to hear about the crash. I dont know of anything that will take a 200ft nose dive. Glad that all it took was sone glue and tape to put it back together(hope mine doesnt do that). I just got back in flying my 4th battery since 4:00pm today. All went great. I did a really cool stall and cut off the motor and fell about 100feet turned the motor back on and did a loop out of the fall, man it was awsome. My wife and kids were there to see me fly this time so it made it that much better! I need to get a few more batteries and I think I am going to get the 8 cell ones.

Oh does anyone know what the ailerons do? and are they worth getting a new plane to have them?
Old 06-04-2007, 06:35 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

Ailerons will allow you to make sharper turns than a rudder-only plane will allow. It's not much more difficult to learn to fly with a fourth channel, and the extra control might even making manuvering to avoid obstacles seem easier.

You could take a look at the ParkFlyer RC BeginAir RTF or the upcoming Parkzone T-28 Trojan RTF, either would make an excellent first 4-channel aircraft.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:42 PM
mycarisaser

I will look at them tonight. Will the 4th channel allow the plane to fly upsidedown and do barrel rolls? I am really getting into this. I didnt know flying could be this much fun. I have been to scared to try b/c over 15 years ago( I think it was 18 years ago to be exact) I crashed a trainer on my first flight and it wasnt repairable and my dad was very upset. I guess I have better hand eye coorination now[8D].
Old 06-04-2007, 06:46 PM
bigedmustafa

Yes, inverted flight and barrel rolls are possible on planes without ailerons, but they're much, much easier to perform on planes that have ailerons.

http://www.parkflyers.com/html/begin-air.html

http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Def...ProdID=PKZ4400
Old 06-04-2007, 07:38 PM
1958airman

Gratz mycarisaser on the HZ super cub I flew back in the 80's then got out of it and just got back into it 3mth's ago the guys at the field told me to try the HZ cub first see if I want to stay with the hobby, well on the HZ cub to date I have 150 flights and yes staying with it and now flying a tower 60 trainer with a OS .65la motor thank's to practicing with the HZ cub and still fly it and been letting other's train on the cub [8D]
Old 06-13-2007, 10:39 PM
WANNABEE_PILOT

LOOK UP IT THE SKY.....ITS A BIRD.....ITS A PLANE.....ITS SUPER CUB !!!!!!!!
Old 06-14-2007, 07:37 PM
mycarisaser

I think I have found a way to run a 3s lipo in my cub. I am going to order the parkzone p51d mustange esc that has a built in lipo cut off and install it in to my cub. I put a 3s in my plane to check to see how much thrust it would produce. WOW it lifted out of my hands going staight up. So This has got me wanting to get this esc badly.

Also how much harder is it to fly a plane like the Parkzone P-51D RTF or there new T-28 Trojan RTF(I love brushless and lipos I use them in my trucks)?
If I fly on a calm day with slow inputs do you think its possiable for a newbe to fly?

I now have flow 2 planes both are a cessna type plane. The HZ SC is alot easer and more forgiving to fly. The other one my neighbor has and its a 35 in wing span and it will do rolls and stuf like nothing(more acrobatic than the super cub) its a little harder to fly but nothing to bad. (it also will fly upside down without the plane trying to force itself right like the SC does)
Old 06-14-2007, 11:55 PM
bigedmustafa

If you have a lot of stick time and you're very comfortable flying and landing your Super Cub consistently, a Parkzone warbird (Mustang, Spitfire, or FW-190) or the T-28 Trojan should be a good next step for you to try. They will fly faster and will require a bit more room than your Super Cub does, but they will be more responsive on the controls and should fly in breezy conditions better.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:27 PM
mycarisaser

ORIGINAL: bigedmustafa

If you have a lot of stick time and you're very comfortable flying and landing your Super Cub consistently, a Parkzone warbird (Mustang, Spitfire, or FW-190) or the T-28 Trojan should be a good next step for you to try. They will fly faster and will require a bit more room than your Super Cub does, but they will be more responsive on the controls and should fly in breezy conditions better.

GREAT Thats what I was hping for. Room isnt a problem for me . My front yard leads into a turf feild that is over a 1/4 mile long and 6oo+ feet wide of short burmuda grass. and that leads into about 2 miles of overgrown fields.

Yeah I dont have any hesitation in flying my Super Cub at all or my neighbors for that matter.

Yesterday my neighbor flew his plane into mine and cut my wing suports and back stabilizer wing and I still was able to land it without crashing.
Well, I am off to my lhs to get some 4ch simulator time in. Thanks

Also I will let you all know how the 3s lipo in the super cub does!!!!!!!!