Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

yak maiden

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

yak maiden

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 07:59 PM
bobrev06x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yak maiden

well, i got the little beast in the air last week. the thing was really a handful. it nosed up when i gave it throttle and dropped the nose bad when i chopped the throttle. after i landed, i discovered the bottom engine mount was broken. i'm lucky to get this one back down in one piece. i've since made the repairs (new mount obviously) and am ready to try again. i'll post later after the test flight. i'm hoping for the best.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20091.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	142.2 KB
ID:	697709   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn40328.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	697710   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze86377.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	697711  
Old 06-04-2007, 08:44 PM
Mr67Stang

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: yak maiden

Nice job saving the model. Did you assemble the plane yourself or did you get it used? I am not trying to be critical but it apears that the engine may be set a little high over the planes natural thrust line. If you can get to the directions for the plane and see if the engine is mounted properly it could make a huge difference in the flight performance. But if it is where it is suposed to be, by all means leave it alone. Best of luck on the next flight.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:41 AM
bobrev06x

thanks mr67stang....i did do the assembly on this plane and you're right about the thrust line. i'm sure i'll end up making adjustments after this next flight. i just cant imagine the amount of movement there must have been in the engine with only one mount holding the thing in there. you would have thought the mill would have pulled right off and headed out on it's own...lol. thank god it didnt.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:41 AM
bobrev06x

this plane is a great flyer finally after many test and trim flights. i did move the engine mounts down which helped quite a bit but i think the biggest thing is adjusting the CG. the plane balance flat with added weight on the nose...lots of it. so i've been removing it a bit at a time and testing in between with inverted flight and knife edge attempts. the plane wont hold a knife edge yet but for each increment of weight that i remove, it gets better. and landing is much improved as well. the plane is starting to come in alot slower. i've still got a ways to go with this thing but it's becoming a very comfortable plane to fly.