Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

dazzler kit

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

dazzler kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 06:18 AM
bobrev06x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dazzler kit

i'm building a 40 size dazzler kit. anyone have one of these and just wondering if anyone has made mods to this plane to make it better? the directions and materials are really good so far and the build is going well.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58141.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	697948   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rn39183.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	697949   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rx60238.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	697950   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zt54026.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	697951  
Old 06-05-2007, 07:16 AM
Mr67Stang

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: dazzler kit

I had the Dazzler ARF powered with an OS 50 SX. I utterly destroyd it. However Looking back, it flew a lot like a smaller version of my Sig Something Extra with a few exceptions. I can pull a knife edge with my SSE while my old Dazzler would fall off of a knife edge so side force generators or a modified rudder might be in order. Your only limits are your own imagination. Also the area of the fusalage on top about 1-3 inches back from the leading edge of the wing is thin and should be reinforced as this is where it will break after a hard landing.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:06 PM
bobrev06x

yep....i thought that area of the fuse was going to be the weak link of the project. i'll have to give that area some special attention i guess. did your wing come off for ease of shipping to the field and back? this one is all put together and stays that way (unless you smack it....lol). it think it's going to be pretty col to play with. but thats cool that someone had one of these. thanks for the come back. i'll let you know how she goes. thanka again!
Old 06-05-2007, 05:41 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

The ARF version has a removable wing, the kit version has a fixed wing, I believe. Or is that the uproar I'm thinking of?
Old 06-05-2007, 06:57 PM
Mr67Stang

The ARF had the wing perminently epoxied to the fuse but the plane is small enough it was not a hassle getting it to the feild.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:54 PM
bobrev06x

so did the dazzler fly ok mrstang? i agree that the size of this plane in it's assembled state shouldn't be a pain to transport to and from the field. i'm pretty sure it's going to be a light one and with the fairly large control surfaces, it should get the job done. i've sill got a ways to go on this thing. i'll just plug away at it a little at a time. no hurry here. i've got planes to fly. i'm enjoying taking a pile of sticks and making something out of them that hopefully will fly half way decent. time will tell.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:54 PM
Mr67Stang

The Dazzler was one of my favorite planes less the weak spot I already identified. It is a great knock around plane to pitch into the skies on a windy day. I only wish it had lived longer so I could have experimented more with props and CG. My 3D skills were lacking at the time so I really can't comment on it's capabilities as I am sure it was more capable than I was. I replaced that plane with a Sig Something Extra and many have said that it can't hover or knife edge... I can tell you that it sure can with an OS .50SX and a 13x4 APC sport prop.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:00 AM
Bill Lowen

ORIGINAL: bobrev06x

so did the dazzler fly ok mrstang? i agree that the size of this plane in it's assembled state shouldn't be a pain to transport to and from the field. i'm pretty sure it's going to be a light one and with the fairly large control surfaces, it should get the job done. i've sill got a ways to go on this thing. i'll just plug away at it a little at a time. no hurry here. i've got planes to fly. i'm enjoying taking a pile of sticks and making something out of them that hopefully will fly half way decent. time will tell.
Am I wrong but is there anything that looks cooler than bare balsa taking the shape of an airplane. I bought an ARF to learn to fly, but I have a bunch of kits to build. The look of bare balsa just gives me the shivers...
Old 06-06-2007, 09:08 AM
Mr67Stang

Yes Mr. Lowen, balsa is beautiful. This is why I have become fond of the transparent coverings and building my own planes