Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

1 transmitter 2 receivers???

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

1 transmitter 2 receivers???

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 11:24 AM
preparation_h

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1 transmitter 2 receivers???

Got a question,
I've got a JR transmitterw/receiver and servos in one plane, and am currently building another plane.

I'd like to be able to use one transmitter for both planes. Ideally I would need a transmitter that has model memory, but does it need to be JR. I don't think my current setup is digital either.

Do I need to stay with JR if one of my receivers is JR or can I go with a futaba or hitec?

Thanks!
Old 11-12-2007, 11:25 AM
Kow

Default RE: 1 transmitter 2 receivers???

Is there a specific reason you don't want to just get a JR receiver and be done with it?

Just curious.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:29 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Many (most or all?) of the Hitec receivers are available in a JR compatible model or can be switched between negative and positive shift.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:42 AM
preparation_h

My transmitter doesn't have model memory, so I'd have to go through and reset all of the servo reversing, trims etc...etc...

I'd be more than happy to buy another JR transmitter (or other brand) but am worried about the digital/analog type stuff.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:00 PM
Kow

Gotcha.

I recently bought a PNP Pulse XT as a second plane. I'm using the JR S400 radio that came with my trainer. I just had to pick up a receiver for it. I know what you mean about trimming and servo reversal moving between planes, but I'd rather deal with it for now and save up for a nice computer radio.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:18 PM
mclina

The JR Sport receivers are "universal" in that they have a pos/neg shift jumper that you can switch if you want to use a different TX. I haven't tried it, though.

If you have the basic JR Sport S400 radio, and you are adding another plane to your fleet, you have a few options:

1. Buy a flight pack for $99 plus a $13 frequency crystal, and use your existing TX for both planes. You'll have to re-trim each time you fly, and make sure your servos are not reversed between planes.

2. Buy another complete S400 system, including TX, RX, battery & servos for $119. You can either order one on the same frequency you already have, or get another frequency so that you can be flexible if one of your channels is in use. (I did this on my second plane, got the same frequency on both radios).

3. Buy a JR Sport SX600 system for $159 and get a full system for your new plane, plus a computer radio that you can program for both planes. (I did this on my third plane)

Option 1 doesn't make a whole lot of sense, as the extra cost for another TX is pretty small. Option 2 works fine, but I am really liking the computer radio for a few dollars more.

There are a lot of other options if you go beyond the world of JR Sport radios, but that is the world I live in.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:26 PM
Missileman

If I am reading your post right I think you are asking about the Transmitter NOT the receiver.
I am guessing your current receiver is not shift selectable and will not work with Hitec or Futaba but will work with Jr or Airtronics.
I have been seeing Airtronics RD6000 transmitter and receiver for $99 lately. I have 2 of them myself and they are a fine 6 channel computer radio with 6 model memory.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:00 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

As stated above, you don't have to have model memories to use one radio to fly several planes but it means the potential for a lot of resetting when you switch planes, which can lead to mistakes and crashes. That is why computer radios have become some popular especially since they have become so inexpensive. See the article below.

You can buy any brand receiver to work with your JR as long as it is shift select or positive shift and on the same channel as your transmitter. Read the article below.

What you need to know about receivers
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/show...2964#post72964

Don't Buy a Standard Radio
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4454
Old 11-16-2007, 10:25 PM
hogflyer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another option would be to look on that famous auction site and pick up another JR transmitter. I needed a second transmitter for my Alpha 60 and the LHS wanted $50.00 for an S400 TX. I won a JR 6102 TX NIB with battery, charger and crystal for $77.00 + shipping.

Hogflyer