Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

SIG Fazer CG and throws

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

SIG Fazer CG and throws

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 12:00 AM
jlimey
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SIG Fazer CG and throws

Hi, I bought a SIG Fazer used and was wondering if anyone had a manual and could post the recommended throws and CG placement? A friend flew it today and found the CG too fat to the rear.

thanks!
Old 12-02-2007, 09:24 AM
JustErik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SIG Fazer CG and throws

I've built 3 Fazers over the years and every one turned out nose heavy with a typical .46-size engine on the nose. If you're tail heavy and the battery is already in the leading edge of the wing, there's not a whole lot you can you but add nose weight or perhaps move the engine further out on the mounting beams. Move the CG forward until it flies the way you like it. A good general test is to roll it over on its back and if it takes little or no down elevator to maintain altitude, you're there.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:51 AM
HighPlains
My Feedback: (1)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: SIG Fazer CG and throws

The balance point is 7" forward of the aileron hinge line. I know this is a strange way to measure it, but that's what is printed in the manual. Unless you got some ultra lite weight motor, there is no way it's going to end up tail heavy. I have a ST 40 on mine, and to balance it had slab of lead sheet on the stab. I finally took the rudder and elevator servos out and remounted them just in front of the tail, so I could drop the 4+ oz of lead.

Low rates

elevator 3/4" up and down
Ailerons 1" up and down
Rudder 1 1/4" left/right
Throttle - your kidding right?

High rates

Elevator 1 1/2" up and down
Ailerons 2" up and down
Rudder 1 7/8" left/right