Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Sig Kadet Sr. Arf nows its been out a while what do u think?

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Sig Kadet Sr. Arf nows its been out a while what do u think?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2003, 06:57 PM
richb1492
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig Kadet Sr. Arf nows its been out a while what do u think?

Its now been a little while since Sig has finally got this plane out. So what do you guys thing of it?

Whats the Good the bad and the ugly of this kit.
Have u seen name at your field.

I own the Arf and one I bought built and love them both.
Old 04-08-2003, 07:07 PM
NOVAflier
My Feedback: (21)

I just started to put one of these together. I love the plane, the blue and white. It's a big plane, so I bought a .61 FX for it..

So far so good, but the ailerons were warped AWFUL, and Sig didn't want to do anything about it. They told me to heat them up and bend them in the opposit direction of the warp.. Gee thanks, a $200 kit I have to fix to use...I'm not done with them..
Old 04-10-2003, 07:33 PM
captjckirk-RCU

I have the ARf, did some whittling on it and made a taildragger out of it. Due to our weather I haven't flown it yet, maybe next week. Also have built several Kadet Seniors. Currently have one with floats, one which I extended the fuse 6 inches and added 10 inches to each wing tip, no landing gear[hand launch] for climb & glide. It stays up forever. The last is just plain old "kadet", all fly great and are lots of fun.
Old 04-19-2003, 04:43 AM
Fitz21
My Feedback: (1)

This plane caught alot of stares at the field. Well built and easy to assemble. I installed the recommended .46 two-stroke and with the 80 inch wing, it flys really well. Like stated above, this plane will float forever. Just point it into a nice wind and cut the throttle, it will become a kite. the plane required a few tons of weight to balance it though. the foam wheels didnt last long either. For a trainer, it is really great. no problem seeing it a distance. watch out for very windy days. I hear the kit has a shorter wing than the arf.