Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Thanks Tower

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Thanks Tower

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 11:05 PM
mesaflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks Tower

Normally, I wouldn't have posted this, but the girl (wish I would have got her name) at Tower Hobbies was so nice/cute. I am building a Goldberg Tiger 60 purchased from Tower Hobbies following RCKens LT40 basic building technique (my first build in 30+ years). Upon inspection of the wing parts, I found one of the ailerons was quite twisted, in a couple of directions. I called Tower and after explaining the problem and giving her the part number, the nice girl puts me on hold to talk with someone else (maybe Goldberg?). She comes back on the phone and says "is it the right or left aileron?" I said they are the same part, same part number, quantity of two in the kit. There was a silence for a few seconds, and she says "well, they need to know if it is the right or left aileron before they will ship you a new one". So I said, well, lets call it the right one. She says "OK", and they will ship it out to me, and thank you. About 10 days later, my new, straight, right side (LOL) aileron showed up at my door. Thanks Tower/Goldberg!!!!!!!!
Old 01-17-2008, 08:29 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Thanks Tower

Good thing they didn't send the Left one!
Old 01-17-2008, 09:23 AM
acarter

Tower hobbies is always really good with that kind of thing. When I got my trainer last year, the wing had a small dent. I called tower and they sent me a new one without even making me send the old one back.

Austin
Old 01-17-2008, 09:50 AM
Rbart

I wonder if they would have said anything if you complained that your kit came with two left ailerons....

Old 01-17-2008, 10:40 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Rbart

I wonder if they would have said anything if you complained that your kit came with two left ailerons....

In that case, they would probably have sent you two right ones to balance out the wing properly.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:10 PM
acarter

Another great thing about tower is their fast shipping. I just placed an order tuesday morning and according to ups tracking i will be receiving it tomarrow. They shipped it the day of order.

Austin
Old 01-17-2008, 07:22 PM
CGRetired
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wait.. wait.. I have a left handed hammer.. does that count?

My experiences with Tower are 100% favorable. They are easy to deal with and will help out when necessary. I ordered five Airtronics servos for a plane a while back. They sent four of one type and one of another. When I got them, I noticed the discrepancy and called them. They told me that they would send the right one (umm.. the correct one.. .. that's for Minnflyer) and to just keep the odd one. Nice people to work with, for sure.

CGr.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:13 PM
Insanemoondoggie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dick , I have a left handed monkey wrench , that would go with your left handed hammer .

My wife showed me my 2007 Tower bill a few days ago . Whew ! I deserve a really nice coupon . lol And I try to support the LHS also. And then there's E-bay . , swap meets , auctions, !!!!! I think Motorcyles are cheaper , lol

New Years resolution, Remove Tower catalogue out of privy .
Old 01-17-2008, 09:11 PM
CustomPC

All this talk of left handed hammers and monkey wrenches reminds me of when i was a teenager and did some school holiday work laboring for a brick layer. He asked me to fetch a left handed trowel for him. I thought he was playing the old apprentice and the left handed screwdriver trick so i gave him some smart mouthed reply. He promptly went and fetched the left handed trowel, showed me the difference between the LH and RH and then smacked me around the ears with both trowels. A lesson i've never fogotten
Old 01-17-2008, 09:26 PM
mesaflyer

ORIGINAL: Insanemoondoggie

Dick , I have a left handed monkey wrench , that would go with your left handed hammer .

My wife showed me my 2007 Tower bill a few days ago . Whew ! I deserve a really nice coupon . lol And I try to support the LHS also. And then there's E-bay . , swap meets , auctions, !!!!! I think Motorcyles are cheaper , lol

New Years resolution, Remove Tower catalogue out of privy .
I don't know about that motorcycle being cheaper! It was my dirt bike that got me into this hobby. Where the family and I go camping/riding, there is this great big dry lake bed. I always wake up early in the morning, and one day, while waiting for everyone else to wake up, I had this great idea about how easy it would be to learn how to fly an R/C plane out there. I tell my wife about that, she buys me the RTF Nexstar Select and the rest is history, so is my wallet[X(].

About Tower, when that nice girl needed to know if it was the right or left aileron, I almost replied: send me the right one, the left one is ok, but that twisted one just ain't right. I thought she might not get the joke, or worse, might not think it's that funny. And she was so helpful, I just kept the conversation as simple as I could. I work in the construction field, were a lot of things "ain't right", and a lot of people are not easy to deal with. It's nice to deal with a company that seems to put a lot of emphasis on customer service.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:36 AM
TheBrickLayer

I just got into tower products. I found out that one of the secretaries in my office has a father that works in the Tower warehouse here in Reno. I can order anything I want at a 40% discount. I have taken advantage of it a few times already.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:03 AM
acarter

wow, emplyees get a 40% discount. That's great, that would be like killing two birds with one stone. Making money and saving money.

Austin
Old 01-18-2008, 06:10 PM
chopper man

My daughter had signed up for the email and they sent her a 20 off of 50. So all excited we used it and Tower tolds us that it was 1 per house. I used one some time ago. So they wanted to know if I wanted the order or did I need to cancel it. Well one it was all said and done I had explained it was her first order and how excited she was so they went ahead and honored the 20 off of 50 this one time. GREAT customer service.

chopper man
Old 01-18-2008, 06:44 PM
acarter

ORIGINAL: acarter

Another great thing about tower is their fast shipping. I just placed an order tuesday morning and according to ups tracking i will be receiving it tomarrow. They shipped it the day of order.

Austin

Order came today as scheduled. Great job Tower!

Austin