Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
2 Stroke vs. 4 Stroke >

2 Stroke vs. 4 Stroke

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

2 Stroke vs. 4 Stroke

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2003, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Money Pit??? Nawhhhh!!

Originally posted by mwita06
THAT'S A GOOD IDEA !!! It's tough to pass up such an obvious deal. The Corsair will be hanging from my sealing for a while.

As for the money pit. Not a chance! My 1/5 scale FG Graphite Comp. cost me $1,000 to build (retail $1,700), with plus jumbo metal gear servos, Multiplex 707, modified 6hp Zenoah, and a 2-speed (get the car up to 85 mph). Planes make it easy to part with $100 or 2, without sweating it too much.
sure just a few hundred... this is the top open post from the giants scale for sale... remember the price is for the airframe... no servos no engine..

http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...274&forumid=11]
Old 04-18-2003, 04:21 PM

Default 2 Stroke vs. 4 Stroke

Wow!!! I don't plan on getting into giant scale, and time soon.
Old 04-19-2003, 02:20 AM

Yea, I am building a 33% Cap 232 right now and figure it will cost around $2200 to complete. Some of the 40% and larger planes consume 5 to 10 grand easy.
Old 04-19-2003, 03:55 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Default Famous Last Words

"Wow!!! I don't plan on getting into giant scale, and time soon."

I just soloed my LT-40 Last Sunday! So for I have 5 planes including 2 quarter scale birds. creek gs600, and a Ryan's rebel.

Welcome to the obsession

Regards
Mark
Old 04-19-2003, 01:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JNorton said:
"Well in a nut shell Real Flight does not help with depth perception! Nor does it help in judging the relative speed of the aircraft on the landing approach." And I agree, and would like to add that landing practice on the simulator tends to be much easier than actual, but you can always add crosswinds, gusts etec. However, it is great for thumb practice. I use it all the time to keep my thumbs trained. They tend to forget things when I haven't flown for a while and it helps you on days like today where we have rain and it will be that way all day long. Well headed to the garage, I am working on my first kit. (Something Extra.) Good luck in this sport, it's a great addiction, but the withdrawls are tough.