Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Help with my new Cub ARF----re: wing struts

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Help with my new Cub ARF----re: wing struts

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2003, 11:53 PM
paul_c
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with my new Cub ARF----re: wing struts

I'm having a hard time seeing myself unbolting the wing struts each time I take this plane out to fly (I must take the wings off due to the small size of my auto).

Do people unbolt the wing struts from the fuse each time they take the plane out, then bolt them back? I'm not lazy but....
just wondering if there is a better way. I thought of flying without them, as they appear to be more for cosmetics than structural support, but this would throw off my CG unless I flew one way or the other consistently.

Thanks!
Old 04-27-2003, 02:12 AM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure about YOUR Cub, but most have the struts for a reason. Primarily to keep the wing from folding in a loop.

And yes, we all unbolt the struts each time. At least everyone I know does. (Try a WWI biplane with multiple srtuts and wire rigging! )
Dennis-
Old 04-27-2003, 02:53 AM
paul_c
My Feedback: (6)

Originally posted by DBCherry
Not sure about YOUR Cub, but most have the struts for a reason. Primarily to keep the wing from folding in a loop.

And yes, we all unbolt the struts each time. At least everyone I know does. (Try a WWI biplane with multiple srtuts and wire rigging! )
Dennis-
Hey Dennis, since I posted this, I realized how important the struts are to the wings' integrity. I will replace the screw and nut with a wingnut to speed up the process, so I can forego the need for tools when attaching the struts at the field.
Old 04-27-2003, 02:55 AM
bentgear

Yep, one of those "little things" one learns to look at before laying down the cash on a new plane. I hope to learn all those "little things" one day.
Ed M.
Old 04-27-2003, 01:04 PM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will replace the screw and nut with a wingnut to speed up the process
Anything that makes life easier is good. Just be careful that your wingnuts can't vibrate loose.
Dennis-