Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Update of Armody from Texas

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Update of Armody from Texas

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 02:01 AM
armody
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update of Armody from Texas

Hi there all great friends & moderators,

It's been a while I posted here anything. I really didnt have time to get on here infact recently I got computer and Im here in USA for almost 7 months, time flew by and didnt know about it. I have moved down to Houston, working in downtown houston as I recently joined a IT company. I quit HP (hewlett packard) as got a better offer here plus I left cypress and moved down to our apartment more than a month ago.

I did some flying in Space City R/C club, but could not join, first financial constraints no job, now for almost last 4 months I've been doing 2 jobs, including the one I just mentioned and ofcourse everybody's store Walmart. As I work 7 days a week, so I dont have time for flying[&o] but that obsession is still there. I have downloaded FMS and started flying on my computer. I still have AMA's membership. I'm planning my best to start flying in the end of August hopefully. Gas prices are going up[][&o]. I have also downloaded G4's demo version but I cannot use my Tx on it only option it has to use is keyboard is it possible that Tx can be used on Demo version?

Now I wanna know any R/C club in Houston area close to me as I'm close to I-10 memorial drive, which club is closeby and good one not high membership fee[:@] and the plane I wanna buy is Pulse XT 60, alongwith the engine probably .75 O.S. or ASP alongwith tools and accessories, servos, Rx, Tx I already have. Post me the closest club in Houston area, as I'm doing at my new job, and once I come into flow and start making good money as Im doing pretty good now, I'd quit walmart and have my saturdays and sundays off, and I would start flying.

Best wishes to all and Happy flying

Mody
Old 06-28-2008, 05:55 AM
rwright142

Default RE: Update of Armody from Texas

You can go to the [link=http://www.modelaircraft.org/clubsearch.aspx]AMA Club Locator[/link] website yourself and find the club that is closest to you.
Type in your zip code and you'll see the results.
http://www.modelaircraft.org/clubsearch.aspx
Old 06-29-2008, 02:08 AM
armody

rwright142

Thank you very much for replying. I was expecting a lot of replies but I guess those people I know have stopped coming to rc universe or they haven't seen my thread. Anyway thanks.

Mody
Old 06-29-2008, 06:28 AM
rwright142

Maybe they were going to reply the same as I did and therefore they didn't want to repeat it.
Anyway, you're welcome and good luck.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:08 AM
mydartswinger

Your LHS is also a good resource for local clubs. Use the above mentioned AMA club locator, then take the list to your LHS and ask several people (employees and customers that fly) about the clubs on the list to help narrow your choices if you have several clubs to choose from. Also visit their website if there is one.

If the Houston area is like my area, there will be several clubs, but all have a different atmosphere and flying preferences. For example, one club may be primarily into giant scale, while another is into combat (streamer cutting), while yet another is primarily .60-.90 size glow planes.

Hope this helps, and good luck to you.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:24 AM
Mr67Stang

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While I do not have any advice for you on your subject question, I will say hello and glad to hear you are doing well if not a little over-worked.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:06 AM
armody

Thank you very much mydartswinger, Mr67Stang. Your advices are fruitful and good enough. As soon as I'm ready to get my plane and little bit settled down, Im gonna find out the local club as rwright's AMA's local club list helped a lot.

Thank you all once again

Mody
Old 06-30-2008, 07:15 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome back Mody!

I hope you're enjoying life in the States.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:25 PM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I missed this earlier. Haven't been on as much as I used to - also busy at work.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:41 AM
armody

Thanks Minnflyer & Bruce.

Yes life has got more busiest and getting more & more. I'm pretty busy with my new job trying to learn a lot about Linux open source operating system. I got alot of plans in USA and I'm really enjoying here but little upset as I have to have 2 jobs. Until I start getting better with my new job I'm unable to quit walmart. I gotta start my flying and hopefully by the end of August or first week of September Im gonna join a club. I wrote to the president of that club the name I forgot and hopefully I'm gonna join 'em.

Thanks once again and happy flying.

Atleast now I have my computer & I can fly on it so I dont have to go thru withdrawals

Mody
Old 07-21-2008, 08:45 PM
mhwtx

Scobbie Field Westhimer and HW6 Bush Park Take I10 West to HW6 Turn left...South.......go to Westhimer turn right and go over the dam........Have a great time!
Old 07-21-2008, 09:10 PM
ag4ever

There are a number of field around houston. I personally know of about five on the west to south west side of town.

You might check with Bucky at The Hobby Shop near 59 south and Hwy 90.

You can also check with the people at Larry's Hobbies at I-45 N and FM 1960.

Those are my favorite two hobby shops in Houston.

Your closest hobby shop I believe would be Planes, Trains, etc. On Westheimer near Voss. I personally don't care for it since they aremore of a toy store that also has r/c stuff, but their might be a knowledgable person there that can direct you towards a local field.

Unfortunatly, I don't know of any fields inside the loop.