Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

radio help

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

radio help

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 11:19 PM
stasoccerkid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio help

hi i have this radio and was wandering if it was posiable to use it in this plane so please help

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...dID=SPMAR6100E

^thats the reciver and i have the radio from a blade cx2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9tpZnhN3dA
Old 07-09-2008, 05:37 AM
CGRetired
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: radio help

That's the receiver. The radio is the complete system, transmitter and receiver.

Yes, you can use that receiver in that type of aircraft. The range is limited, though, this should be only used in a "park flyer type aircraft.

I wouldn't fly it on my street like that though. It's not very safe.

CGr.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:47 AM
goirish

I sure hope the newbies don't try flying in the street like that. Unless of course they are very rich and have good insurance. Dumb video IMO. Good moring CGR poached eggs, with bacon not crisp and oatmeal bread toasted lightly. Saved one for you.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:52 AM
CGRetired

Hi Irish.

Oh.. I'm in for that. I need a good breakfast this AM.

Yeah, that video was not what I would recommend to anyone in this hobby. As you said, good insurance before attempts. It may look cool, but it ain't cool. It may be light and a foamy, but there is mass with that motor/esc/battery/servos and they can and will go through things.. like car windows, peoples heads, and so on.

CGr.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:59 AM
Allfat

You have to have a Spektrum radio to use that receiver.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:03 PM
stasoccerkid

hi thanks for the replys but i was wandering since its not a computer remote if i could get the servos to work like that like together for upand down and then oposite for left and right
Old 07-09-2008, 02:58 PM
scratchonly

Jeez I'm almost afraid to go flying with some of these guys around[][][]
Old 07-09-2008, 03:15 PM
Allfat

ORIGINAL: stasoccerkid

hi thanks for the replys but i was wandering since its not a computer remote if i could get the servos to work like that like together for upand down and then oposite for left and right
If you do not have a computer radio then you do not have a Spektrum radio. You need a Spektrum radio to use that Spektrum receiver.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:58 PM
stasoccerkid

if you read above i have a splectrum remote but its like relabled to a eflight
Old 07-09-2008, 10:21 PM
fusebmx13

Dude if you guys would read, he has an e flite blade cx2. It has the spektrum type radio. It comes with that radio. He is asking if he can switch from that heli and put it into a foamy. Would it perform the same? You guys arent being very helpful at all. and eating breakfast has nothing to do with the subject. Sure he isnt very smart flying in the street but who cares its not his video. Just answer the questions, its not that hard, we dont need your snotty comments.
He has this radio
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53056.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	987192  
Old 07-09-2008, 10:51 PM
OzMo
My Feedback: (3)

is that a "FUSSYBMX" "13" year old????

Lighten' up dude! there is a complete answer in there, and you might be less cranky if you had eaten your breakfast[>:]

it was all good advice .....except the breakfast is a little high in cholesterol.

These guys have seen the injuries, lawsuits and bad press that that kind of STUPID flying cause... they ARE BEING REASONABLE.

Anyway, anyone with reasonable intelegence knows, if your gonna make a video like this DON"T SHOW YOUR FACE
Old 07-10-2008, 05:25 AM
CGRetired

ORIGINAL: fusebmx13

Dude if you guys would read, he has an e flite blade cx2. It has the spektrum type radio. It comes with that radio. He is asking if he can switch from that heli and put it into a foamy. Would it perform the same? You guys arent being very helpful at all. and eating breakfast has nothing to do with the subject. Sure he isnt very smart flying in the street but who cares its not his video. Just answer the questions, its not that hard, we dont need your snotty comments.
He has this radio
It would help if you lightened up a tad.

First of all, perhaps some of the replies came from people that have no idea what a Blade something or other is and could care less. The question was about the receiver, which is clearly a Spektrum receiver. And, most people know that a Spektrum receiver is for use with a Spektrum transmitter, no matter what the label is. So, the basic answer is YES. And, it was answered several times.

And would it perform the same? Well, if the Blade something or other is a helicopter.. then you figure that out. There are some very basic differences between a helicopter (ummm rotary wing..) and a (fixed wing) foamie. The helicopter will perform as a helicopter would. A A fixed wing will perform as a fixed wing. And as I said, it (the radio system) will most likely work for both applications unless the radio transmitter is specifically designed for helicopters and the controls are different... but I doubt that.

The "ADVICE" about the video is for the kid's sake, not yours. If you wish to fly on your street.. knock yourself out. Just don't go to the AMA or some other organization except your homeowners insurance for help when you break someone's window, or smash someone's head (perhaps for that, you may wish to also contact an Attorney). It's just not a good idea to fly on a street like that.

Sarcastic reply? Sure. But, no less than yours was. Lighten up and realize that, as Ozmo said, the question has been answered and some valuable advice given.

As for the breakfast.. the eggs are good, the bacon is a tad high, but if only one or two slices, then that's ok. The oatmeal toasts.. yum! Even with butter! I think I'll have that this morning. Thanks, Irish.

And, since we're being critical this morning, stasoccerkid, that's wOndering not wAndering: To wonder: Jee, I wOnder if that Spektrum
receiver will cause my foamie to wAnder all over the sky.

CGr
Old 07-10-2008, 05:49 AM
Missileman

I can't say for sure because my CX is the older 72mhz model but if it is anything similar the answer is no.
Mine is not only a receiver but also speed controller and gyro and the rudder is mixed with the throttle (there is a pot for adjusting the mix). A good thing in that heli but not good for an airplane.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:12 AM
goirish

WOW!!! CG
why would some one be so upset about a dumb stunt, i.e., flying in a subdivision. Also, guess I should have invited him to breakfast. Let him have an accident like my plane had and he will look at flying a little different. By the way, just coffee and bagels today.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:31 AM
CGRetired

Hi Irish. I had an omlet about an hour ago... yum!!! An omlet and an English Muffin. Good stuff. Decaf Starbucks Komoto Dragon coffee too!!!

Missileman: I went to their web site and read exactly what you stated. This is a combination RX, ESC, and Gyro. So, I don't imagine it is compatible with fixed wing operation. I just saw Spektrum and that the link he (the OP) showed was a Spektrum AR6100 receiver. Two different breeds of the same species. The one in the picture in his original post IS compatible.. the AR6100 is an aircraft receiver, but the one on the Blade something or other is not the AR6100 receiver.

So, as you know, and I know you don't need confirmation, but here it is anyway.. you are correct. The one he wants to take out of this Blade thingie is not compatible.

CGr.

PS. Veggie egg white omlet.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:00 PM
fusebmx13

ORIGINAL: CGRetired

Hi Irish. I had an omlet about an hour ago... yum!!! An omlet and an English Muffin. Good stuff. Decaf Starbucks Komoto Dragon coffee too!!!

Missileman: I went to their web site and read exactly what you stated. This is a combination RX, ESC, and Gyro. So, I don't imagine it is compatible with fixed wing operation. I just saw Spektrum and that the link he (the OP) showed was a Spektrum AR6100 receiver. Two different breeds of the same species. The one in the picture in his original post IS compatible.. the AR6100 is an aircraft receiver, but the one on the Blade something or other is not the AR6100 receiver.

So, as you know, and I know you don't need confirmation, but here it is anyway.. you are correct. The one he wants to take out of this Blade thingie is not compatible.

CGr.

PS. Veggie egg white omlet.
Yes it is the AR6100 receiver. Why do you even reply? your not a help at all. If you would research anything you would know that the new BLADE CX2 has the spektrum receiver. The old BLADE CX2 had the 4 in 1 unit.
I dont care about your breakfast, MODERATOR breakfast has nothing to do with the subject. You guys dont help this person at all.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:37 AM
Missileman

Old 07-11-2008, 05:38 AM
CGRetired

Perhaps you ought to learn to check your attitude before posting. It only shows your ignorance and your sense of humor (or lack thereof). Might I suggest that you get a life?

Irish: Early start this AM. I'm gonna have a couple of eggs and some nice Virginia Ham, and the usual English Muffin. Starbucks Komoto Decaf as usual.

CGr.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:42 AM
CGRetired

ORIGINAL: Missileman

Old 07-11-2008, 05:49 AM
doubledee
My Feedback: (4)

Now, now, children, play nice. If you don't behave yourselves I'll have to give you all a time out.
After all, c-c-an't we all j-j-ust g-g-et along?

Enjoy your breakfast and have a nice day.
doubledee