Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Next plane? >

Next plane?

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Next plane?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 10:42 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Next plane?

Hi all, I am some what of a beginner. I have these planes so far: FIREBIRD xl's, GWS Zero and the Kadet Senior w/ .60. I've been flying for a few months now... I made that Kadet 3ch instead of 4 :stupid: No ailoron. Anyway, I don't feel like building a kit for some reason. I am looking for a ARF-RFT 4 ch trainer. No, I dont want any hobby co super star junk. I am looking at something that I can expand from when I become better. Maybe some aerobatics at the basics... I'm sophomore in high school so money should be a consideration. Under 150$?

P.S.- I am a fairly good at most 4 ch planes on the simulator and I can take planes with speed of 50-60 mph.

Mike.
Old 05-15-2003, 10:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Next plane?

if you've mastered a trainer, a sig four star is pretty good for getting used to a low wing. As are sticks, such as Hanger 9 Utra Stick. That gets a little more expensive than the four star though. Also I think the Model Tech Magic ARF is good. It is only $100, but you have to buy at least a $70 engine and probably at least $50 worth of radio equipment, unless you have either of these and your going to swap it out of an existing plane.
Old 05-16-2003, 12:43 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Next plane?

Great Planes Easy Sport
Old 05-16-2003, 03:34 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Default Next plane?

World Models Super Sports 40.......$100.....and probably one of the best ARF's out there under $160 in terms of quality and flying characteristics....IMHO

Mike
Old 05-16-2003, 04:49 PM

Default Next plane?

I second the Model Tech Magic ARF. This was my second plane, and if I had to do it again I would go the same way. It is VERY stable when the rates are set low, crank em up and it is a very aerobatic plane capable of just about everything, only thing it does not do so well is knife edge, but it makes up for it by being very easy to hover, plus you can get away with a smaller less expensive engine due to it's light weight. Building time is about as low as it gets, and for $100 bucks its a tough value to pass up.

Good luck with whatever you choose.