Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

pulse xt missing

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

pulse xt missing

Old 08-18-2008, 03:11 PM
joco1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pulse xt missing

my pnp pulse 40 with the evolution engine runs great on the ground but when i get it in the air it misses and sounds like its gonna quit but if i let off of it and fly half throttle for a minute or so then open it up it runs normal ! any idea what this could be?
Old 08-18-2008, 03:25 PM
brett65
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: pulse xt missing

sounds like it may be too rich
Old 08-18-2008, 05:04 PM
jetmech05

for right now lets just adjust the high end....richen the engine up some (loosen) now lean it out and you will hear the RPM increasing...it will get to the point that it peaks in RPM and starts to decrease again...stop this is too lean...slowly richen it back up you will hear the rpm peak....stop..now if this is a new engine richen it up 3/8 of a turn..if its an engine that has been broken in the richen it 1/8 to a 1/4 turn....you richen the mixture back up to counter the tendency to lean out in the air
If this doesn't work we will try some other things
Old 08-18-2008, 05:17 PM
joco1

ok i will try this tonight. thanks
Old 08-18-2008, 06:03 PM
TideFlyer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That does sound rich. Sounds like it`s loading up.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:27 AM
pdm52956
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had the same, or similar anyway, thing happen this past weekend. I have the XT with a OS .46AX. Everything is new out of the box. Engine fired up on the first flip! Flew it last Wednesday evening for it's maiden after the engine was set up and had a good first flight. Packed er up pretty happy with everything. Sunday afternoon took it up for a flight and all seemed well. Set it up for another flight a little bit later that afternoon and it would idle good, transition good, taxi out to the runway and on take off roll she kept wanting to die on me. Bring it back to the bench and set up the throttle again and it would do the same thing when I tried to take off again. One of the other flyers from the club tuned it and again, when I went for take off throttle it died. I guess it beats a deadstick on climb out, but it sure was frustrating at the least!

Since this is my first glow plane, and the engine has only had about 3 tanks of fuel run thru it, I'm sure it needs tweaking fairly often as it continues to break itself in. Just wish I knew more about doing that myself. I know it's set up rich for break in purposes but not having spent the time with glow yet, I worry about leaning it too much too soon. Since my instructor is also the owner of the LHS I use, we'll head down there Wednesday evening and get it set up again. Hope it works this time. Been flying my electric trainer for the past 5 months and everyone kept telling me I'll enjoy the glow even more. Right now I'm not so sure lol..........
Old 08-19-2008, 10:59 AM
opjose

ORIGINAL: TideFlyer

That does sound rich. Sounds like it`s loading up.

Yup on the high end since it seems like it's leaning back out at low throttle.