Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

v tail advice

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

v tail advice

Old 08-18-2008, 06:08 PM
whiteout750

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default v tail advice

Just recently got a used slov v from a guy who said it would not fly at all. The price was right so I added it to my hanger even though I already have 2 slow sticks! I could not resist attempting to fly the plane that "would not fly" so I charged the stock battery and launched it figuring what the heck. To my suprise if flew great (after some major trim adjustments). The flight time was poor as I am accustomed to much larger capacity lipos. However the v tail showed some promise. The plane turns on a dime but seems to have very limited "elevator" response. Loops and dives take all the stick and then some! This is my first v tail and I was just wondering if this is common to the design or is there a problem with my set up? Thanks
Old 08-18-2008, 06:27 PM
HighPlains
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: v tail advice

Move the CG back until you get the pitch response you want.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:33 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: v tail advice

You can't really add much to HP's advice, but I'm sure there will be at least a dozen nearly identical versions of this advice chiming in soon.
The only thing I would add is if the tail is also used to steer the plane, make sure that the mix allows enough movement in both axis.