Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Almost lost it today - easyglider

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Almost lost it today - easyglider

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 02:21 PM
Popriv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Almost lost it today - easyglider

Having a great time with this easyglider electric.
Flying at sunrise or sunset every day.
I fly/glide until the BEC kicks in, usually 13 - 15 min. longest flight so far has been just over 20 min.
On my 2nd battery/flight this morning I got so high I wasnt sure which way I was going.
The plane was way downwind from me and higher than I've been.
I took my eyes off it for an instant and when I looked back I couldnt tell wich way It was going.
Thats when the feeling of Panic came over me for an instant!! could I get it back?
I turned on the motor and let it fly, pretty sure it was coming at me. dove down a couple of times and got oriented...
WHAT A RUSH! only 5 - 10 sec. of panic but felt like forever.
I wish I had just tried to bring it back over head and not dove down...by the time it was overhead it was still high but coming down.

Getting better at babying this stock motor up to altitude. I guess its good to learn to fly this up on the weak motor.
I figured a couple of techniques to fight my way up.. someday I'll go brushless and just plow my way up!

Flying at the sand pits is pretty cool. When I'm standing at the top of the pits I can fly the plane right in front of me at eye level, about 50' above the floor of the pits.

Tough material but I still managed to break the wing in half at the servo.. Medium CA and kicker and it was fixed in 2 minutes. didnt notice any flying difference..

I'm thinkng of replacing the ailerons with bulsa to get better movement.. servos are straining to get full up.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:03 AM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Almost lost it today - easyglider

Sounds like you're having a lot of fun with your Easy Glider, Popriv! Nothing feels quite so good as getting in a jam while flying and then getting yourself out of the jam.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:51 AM
bingo field

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Almost lost it today - easyglider

sometimes when the sun is just right, I get that panicky feeling because I can't "see" the attitude of the plane, as it is just a silhouette, even though I know what attitude it was in when I got to that angle. Most of the time, I can just fly it out of that position, but occasionally, the pucker factor creeps in. That is my warning that I am flying it too far out, and to keep it closer under these light conditions.