Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Oh My Super Tigre

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Oh My Super Tigre

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 05:21 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Oh My Super Tigre

Can't help myself!! I acquired A Giant Decathlon in A trade, the plane had never flown?? Seems the owner couldn't get the brand new Super Tigre 2300 running?? I'm not A real big fan of the Super Tigres but one look at the aircraft set up told me where the problem was. In A plane this size {A 90 incher} there is so much room, too much room in this case, they had the fuel tank almost below the engine, not just below the carb center line but way down by the bottom of the engine? One of the many things I did to get this plane ready to fly was put in A new fuel tank and I put the tank center line level with the carb center line or needel valve. Today I had the chance to fire it up, I just set the high end A tad over two turns out, choked it then hit it with the starter?? What the heck, it lit right up?? Put the tach on it and set the high end. I never touched the low end, it is set for a high idle of 2000 rpm and 1200 for the low. It can sit there forever on the ground just ticking over then you can hit the throttle full on and it has no stutter at all??
This is just A short lesson for anyone setting up A plane, it's these little things that will give you A great flyer and something to look for if you are having engine problems. So far I have about three days into doing the needed corrections on this plane. Depending on the weather this weekend I will be doing A maiden on this beast, that should be fun.[8D] Three days to correct on one of those:About 20 hours ARFs? I did make A lot of changes though.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:51 PM
Jester241

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Oh My Super Tigre

Hey,I'm a big super tigre fan! They usually take some tender loving care to get running right,but with enough tinkering.....they run pretty good. I've been thinking of getting one of those bigger tigres,but not sure. Most people think super tigre will never run as good as an O.S.,but that usually just because they dont take to time to play with the tuning. Thier used to thier expensive engines to dont need tuned. Good to hear you like it so far.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:13 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Let's see what happens when it is flying. I am one of the people that dosen't beleave you should have to make an engine run, they should run well right out of the box and the price doesn't mater. Give any of the SK engines A try, as good as anything in glow I have ever used and they have A 1.30 for under A hundred and fifty bucks.
If ST would just learn to make A good carb they would be A better engine. I'm wondering what kind of fuel mileage I get with this beast, I would normaly be burning gas on A plane this size, 4 bucks instead of 16 bucks A jug. We will see how much air time this one gets or how long I will keep it.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:14 AM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 09-02-2008, 11:51 AM
ErikElvis
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a used sukhoi that came with the ST 2300. It wasnt run for about a year. I filled the tank and primed it and it started on the first flip.