Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

hanger 9 T-34 mentor

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

hanger 9 T-34 mentor

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 09:30 PM
cowboydfk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hanger 9 T-34 mentor

I was just wondering if any one had any flying experiance with the H9 T-34?my fatherinlaw has one as his second plane.What can we expect as far as how it handles?
Old 09-01-2008, 11:39 PM
brett65
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: hanger 9 T-34 mentor

I've heard that they are very smooth and good flyers, just a quicker responding plane than the typical trainer.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:14 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

We had A lot of them around two of my clubs, one club had A racing class for them and they were bought, sold and traded A lot. It's A great flying little plane, very stable but A good stunter too. Nice manners on take off and landing. If you have A lot of trainer stick time then there should be no real problems, it does land faster then A trainer but not enough to scare anyone. Nice Plane!!!
Old 09-02-2008, 12:20 PM
FallDownGoBoom
My Feedback: (1)

I moved from a H9 Arrow to the Mentor. It's pretty stable on takeoffs, and as Brett65 says, just a little quicker to respond in the air than a typical flat-bottom wing trainer. It doesn't have the self correcting tendencies of a trainer, it goes where you point it until you tell it to do something else. Where you'll find it's different is landing... you need to maintain some airspeed and "fly it onto (not 'into'!) the ground". If you just try to "glide it in" it may stall.

Another thing... change the clevis (especially on the elevator) from plastic to metal. I left the plastic clevis on mine and the elevator metal/plastic joint on the torque rod sheared through the plastic clevis pin, unfortunately at the top of a loop 200 feet up. The resultant vertical dive was a thing of beauty... or at least until the T34 hit the ground.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:54 PM
brett65
My Feedback: (18)

ORIGINAL: FallDownGoBoom

Another thing... change the clevis (especially on the elevator) from plastic to metal. I left the plastic clevis on mine and the elevator metal/plastic joint on the torque rod sheared through the plastic clevis pin, unfortunately at the top of a loop 200 feet up. The resultant vertical dive was a thing of beauty... or at least until the T34 hit the ground.
I have been thinking about doing this, now I'm pretty sure I will.