Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

IDLE SCREW/ROTARY VALVE

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

IDLE SCREW/ROTARY VALVE

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 10:56 AM
Skruffy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IDLE SCREW/ROTARY VALVE

Hey folks,
am new to nitro cars, LOVING it!!! i do have a question about my firestorm though if anyone can help would be much appreciated!
i accidentally unscrewed the idle screw too far so have re fitted it, thing is i dont know how the rotary valve looked before i fitted it myself, in the manual it shows the 1mm gap in the centre of the hole, i can only get it sitting slightly to the left of centre and you can see a little bit of the cut out section of the rotary valve when the throttle is closed are they all like that or have i screwed it in wrong!?
Old 09-02-2008, 11:00 AM
brett65
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: IDLE SCREW/ROTARY VALVE

First of all, your in the wrong forum. This is for beginners in airplanes. Luckily I can help since I also have a firestorm. It should have a small gap, this will let it idle. Start it and see if it idles too high or low and use the adjustment screw as needed. Ask all your other questions in this forum > http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_243/tt.htm

They even have an official Firestorm thread too > http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5074112/tm.htm

Ken or Minn, feel free to move this to the right spot.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:48 AM
Skruffy

Default RE: IDLE SCREW/ROTARY VALVE

oops sorry about that [], just seen beginners and was rushing out for work and posted, thanks for the reply though