Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

CMP Zero 50 retracts

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

CMP Zero 50 retracts

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 05:27 AM
Dharlan659

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CMP Zero 50 retracts

Does anyone have any ideas or experience on how to install the retracts on this plane? I got the retracts sent with the plane and they are supposed to be the retracts for this zero. They look like a generic mechanical retract and due to my in-experience with retracts may in fact be the right ones. My question is two fold, are they the right retracts ? And if they are, do I bend the LG wire to mirror the opening in the wing, or due I modify the mounting base to accommodate the retract to get my alignment. ANY help would greatly be appreciated. I have included a pic of one of the retracts in the wing. Note that the retract is not pushed all the way down but is pushed into the mounting slot enough to show its default alignment. There always seems to be a wealth of knowledge on this site so I am hoping that someone has already dealt with this problem and can help. Thanks Don
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19682.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	1026514  
Old 10-26-2008, 08:49 PM
ZERO-322
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CMP Zero 50 retracts

Yes you have to bend the wire forward to mirror the opening cutout in the wing make sure you test fit the wheel well as well and make sure everything is lined up properly , as far as the retract housing itself you have to split the supllied blocks they give you in two pieces epoxy them in and slide in your retract , the retract housing must sit flush with the wing bottom you would use the blocks split in two to shim it up to the correct t postion