Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Venus 40 Landing gear upgrade

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Venus 40 Landing gear upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 10:12 PM
ro347
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Venus 40 Landing gear upgrade

Hey- Has anyone upgraded their landing gear on the Venus 40? If so could you tell us what you used to replace. Im looking to replace the OEM landing gear with something that has similar specs. I do not like how the wheel pants go on as per factory specs yet the landing gear provided isnt wide enough to mount the pants with small screws and blindnuts. Any help would be great!!! Thanks! Hoping to finally maiden this thing sometime this week.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:21 PM
ro347

Default RE: Venus 40 Landing gear upgrade

Has anyone used these before?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFV64&P=7

How are they used? Im assuming They clamp onto the actual axle then using thin ply, I screw then into the wheel pants. Is that right? Really trying to figure this out. If anyone has a pic or a diagram, that would be great.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:13 PM
mesaflyer

ORIGINAL: ro347

Hey- Has anyone upgraded their landing gear on the Venus 40? If so could you tell us what you used to replace. Im looking to replace the OEM landing gear with something that has similar specs. I do not like how the wheel pants go on as per factory specs yet the landing gear provided isnt wide enough to mount the pants with small screws and blindnuts. Any help would be great!!! Thanks! Hoping to finally maiden this thing sometime this week.
Roland,
I used the stock gear and wheel pants using the "cut a slot in the wheel pant technique" outlined in the review on Tower's website. I am at work, otherwise I could post a link. I agree that the stock ones are crap, but I figured I would use them until they have a problem. I still have the LG from my Pulse. When I get home, I will see if they would work. By the way, I have had a few less than perfect landings with my Venus. Even bent the landing gear up a little. All I had to do was bend them back and they are working fine, even if they are crap.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:43 PM
alfredbmor

Here is the link:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=107
Old 09-08-2008, 06:58 PM
ro347

THANKS GUYS.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:05 PM
mesaflyer

ORIGINAL: alfredbmor

Here is the link:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=107
Yep, that's the one. Thank you. By the way, my Pulse gear would fit, just have to drill a few new holes. The Pulse gear has a little bit wider stance.