Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

micro flight cam???

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

micro flight cam???

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 05:17 PM
WingmanEPTX
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default micro flight cam???

hello all,
my p-51 failed on me and kept flyin...and flyin....away into the desert. i saw the general area where it went down but the brush is way to high and thick for me to see it at ground level. i'm looking for a micro cam similar to the fly cam one but i'm looking for something locally like at a radio shack or best buy or somethin. i need somethin fast so i can fly over the area to pin point where to start hackin into the brush, before it rains and ruins the electronics and engine. does anyone have any suggestions for a small cam i can mount onto my other plane or a small cam i can build my own mount for? something i can find at a local electronics store? any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
thanks in advance!
-kevin
Old 09-24-2008, 05:23 PM
Allfat
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: micro flight cam???

If you are in a huge hurry, I would ask around at the club and see if anyone has a setup already in place. I know at our club there are three people that I know of that can take aerial video, one is set up to transmit back live to a portable DVD screen and the other two are just recordings.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:26 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

If you're in a big hurry you may have better luck asking at the local airports. Many times you can find a full scale pilot that will be willing to help you in your search. Just explain to them what happened and that you need to find it, you may very well find a pilot that will take you up to look.

Ken
Old 09-24-2008, 06:58 PM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish you luck but chances of spotting something so small down in the brush will be tough from the air. Try to find someone with a slow flying-low flying ultra-light.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:31 PM
TheRealFrosty

The Aiptek video cameras that record to SD cards can be found at Target and Best Buy. I have used an Aiptek DV5100M and IS-DV2 before and they work ok.

Kris.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:10 PM
CastorTroy2150
My Feedback: (10)

been thinking about this for a while and would like to be able to do it, Anyone know of one that has an onboard memory that will fly on my parkzone Corsair?lol just fo the fun of it...