Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Aileron travel

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Aileron travel

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 08:55 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Aileron travel

I dunno, I've heard people talk about trims changing, but I've never noticed it. And even if I did, I have these cool little things on my transmitter right next to the sticks that allows me to CHANGE the trim - even while the plane is in FLIGHT!

Amazing.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:08 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: MinnFlyer

I dunno, I've heard people talk about trims changing, but I've never noticed it. And even if I did, I have these cool little things on my transmitter right next to the sticks that allows me to CHANGE the trim - even while the plane is in FLIGHT!

Amazing.

And besides, the only way Mike'll ever see a hundred degress is having two 50 degree days in a row!!!!!

Ken
Old 10-09-2008, 09:43 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey now... It got up to 65 this summer!

The snow damn near melted last July!
Old 10-09-2008, 10:19 PM
pappywolf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok guys, I moved the servos, they work better and have better travel. I also moved the horns. NOW !! I can not get my flaps near 45 %. I have my radio set to max on the servo, but it will not take it all the way. Is there a way to get more travel from setup or linkage ? I have tryed diffrent types of setups but still no were near 45. You all are giving great advise. Thank you for your time.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:28 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I would suggest you not use flaps at 45 degrees. Anything beyond twenty degrees is just Drag and that will increase handling difficulties exactly the opposite of what folks tend to think. An awful lot of nice airplanes have been destroyed because of an over reliance on flaps. Contrary to the common belief that flaps make a slower approach easier, its just the other way around and makes things more difficult. They do allow for a slightly slower approach but doing so requires requisite increase in pilot skills also.

There is no reason to use over 20 degrees on that airplane.

John
Old 10-09-2008, 11:38 PM
ErikElvis
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

On my last 2 planes (of 3) I never checked the travel. I just eyeballed what I thought would be good and safe on the low rates and added a lil more on the high rates. If it felt mushy I would adjust accordingly. It may not be the safest way to do it but it seems to work for me.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:32 AM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

John is correct. Stick to about 20 degrees max on the flaps as this will induce a bit of drag but mostly add lift which will allow slightly slower flight (landings) without stalling under normal conditions.