Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

My 2nd plane??

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

My 2nd plane??

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 02:35 PM
Jacked69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 2nd plane??

I decided too go with the Pulse Xt 60 for my second plane and save my TF P51 for my 4th or 5th. I am going to take out the engine and electronics from my sopwith camel, what kind of performance and flight characteristics can I expect with that setup? Also will the .91 generate enough power or should I just buy a 2 stroke? I just wanted to save money and use my .91 as I am not flying my camel for awhile so that would save me 300$ or so. Also I heard that the Pulse 60 flys better than the 40 due to its larger size, is that correct? Thank you all....
Old 12-04-2008, 02:55 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: My 2nd plane??

Your going to put a .91 4-stroke in the Pulse 60? That should be a great match. Performance will be great.

You made a great choice of aircraft. I can't say which size Pulse is better but I'm certain that, at a minimum, they fly equally well.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:23 AM
pdm52956
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been flying less than a year now, but I have the XT 40 while a friend of mine has the 60. I run a .46 OS and he runs a .75 OS. At our club fun fly, we clocked his at roughly 80 - 85 mph. Pretty dang quick in my book. Don't know how that relates to the .91 so I can't give you a comparrison there. No doubt some of it depends on your prop choice.

As for the flight characteristics, both aircraft fly very similar. My limited experience tells me that his 60 handles a slight bit better due to size alone. My 40 handles very well and find it to be a great step up from my trainer. Glad I went that road. You will be too.

Paul
Old 12-06-2008, 01:02 AM
Jacked69

THank you both for the advice, I can not wait to maiden her, I am glad now I put my .91 in there, 80mph is really moving, wow. I dont know if I will get those speeds considering I put in a 4 stroke so I compromised a bit of speed for torque, but I will have to clock her and let you all know. I really liked the look of the pulse 60 better but could not decide on the pulse or GP cherokee, glad I made the choice I did, being a tail dragger and me having a TF p-51 I am trying to get ready for IMO was a better buy since my 51 is a tail dragger and can practice landing a dragger rather than a tri gear.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:25 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Put an APC 14x8 on that .91 and you'll be surprised just how fast that Pulse will go. The lower exhaust tone of the 4-strokes can be deceiving since they just don't sound like a screaming 2-stroke. It will move out of its own way just fine though. Regardless just experiment with different props until it flys the way you like whether that be fast, slow or whatever.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:00 AM
Jacked69

I will do that thank you, I have a few of those sizes from APC in my flight box I will toss on there for the first flight.