Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

HELP ON RADIOS! PLEASE HELP! LOL

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

HELP ON RADIOS! PLEASE HELP! LOL

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 03:06 PM
Super-Cub-boi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP ON RADIOS! PLEASE HELP! LOL

Hi guys'

i am a new time flyer and i am about to get a Hobbyzone Super Cub RTF

seeing as i have some money left i thought that the stock radio looked pretty crap

Do you have to have the same channel radio as the plane? or could you have say a 6 channel plane and a 5 channel radio?

please wb and if there is a 6 channel radio out there for about £60-70 please tell me!

thanks
Old 12-08-2008, 04:24 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: HELP ON RADIOS! PLEASE HELP! LOL

The included radio is more than adequate for the Super Cub, no need to buy anything different if you don't have too.

It won't work down the road is you decide to step up to more complex electric or glow powered airplanes though.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:02 PM
Witterings

I've just posted a reply on your other thread, stay with the radio that comes with it for now and see how you get it, it's fine for that plane.
If you then stay with the hobby and are looking to upgrade your plane maybe look at it then and the best advice is buy the best you can afford, I've got 2 I don't use along with my SuperCub and ended up with a DX7 but could have saved myself the expense of the other 2. DX6i is another to consider down the road.
Really do look at a Simulator though !!!!!
Old 12-09-2008, 05:03 AM
Super-Cub-boi

ok thanks

ill take your advice and wait and yes wit the simulator ive got fsx but thts not rc so ye i am goin to buy one before i go and crash it lol

thanks again!
Old 12-09-2008, 12:54 PM
-pkh-
My Feedback: (2)

The Super Cub has proprietary electronics, so if you wanted to use a standard aircraft radio, you'd have to gut it, and put in a new ESC, receiver, and servos. The receiver is not on the standard 72MHz aircraft band, it is on the 27MHz RC band, so you can't just use a standard aircraft transmitter. The receiver is contained in the all-in-one unit that has the receiver, ESC, and servo drivers in one enclosure, so you can't just replace the receiver without gutting the rest of the stock electronics. You can't even re-use the servos because they are four wire servos with servo driver electronics in the all-in-one unit! I'm sure this integration makes it cheaper, but it also makes it more difficult to upgrade.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:02 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

As the others are telling you, to change your radio would be more trouble than it is worth. The existing radio works very well for the capabilities of the plane itself. If you try to change to a different radio you will ruin the plane. use the plane as it is until you wear it out.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:57 PM
Super-Cub-boi

THANKS GUYS!

im stickin with the the stock one

thanks