Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

I need advice about buying an EP Foamy.. PLZ!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

I need advice about buying an EP Foamy.. PLZ!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 07:55 PM
Nosreme722

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need advice about buying an EP Foamy.. PLZ!!!!!!!!!!

I havent had much xp with rc planes... at all, I got a Parkzone slo-V for free from a freind and played with that. It really got me into RC planes but i really need somthing more powerful.. all around.

Ive been looking at some EP foamies and thought i had found a few but finally did some research. I looked at the GP yak-55 flightflex (many bad reviews on it flight"flex") I need a durable, 3d/ precision aerobat foamy (mid-sized). I need it cheap too, im a budget guy anyanything down from 250 would be great.. plz. Any advice, links, referals, etc would be great.. thanks alot!

P.S. I havent had many help from other forums and idk wat to get so... PLEASE REPLY!!!!!!

Emerson
Old 12-09-2008, 10:21 AM
apwachholz

Default RE: I need advice about buying an EP Foamy.. PLZ!!!!!!!!!!

Nosreme722 -

Before you go rocking into the world of aerobatic aircraft might I suggest something a little more tame? But before I do that - can you tell me a bit more about your skill level / hours of flight? This will help me gage a good aircraft for you, as there are many many out there to choose from.

Oh, and while the GP yak-55 (Flightflex) might seem fun you need good 'thumbs' to fly it since it's small and snappy in response. My guess is that you'd rather be spending your time up in the air then struggling with an indestructible aircraft you have a hard time keeping off the ground.

Get your learn on! [link=http://www.controlchat.com]Control Chat[/link]: Dedicated to the new and aspiring rc pilot.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:57 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: I need advice about buying an EP Foamy.. PLZ!!!!!!!!!!

You should probably check out a non-3D foamy with ailerons before moving up to something more challenging. The Parkzone T-28 Trojan would be a good choice if you've gotten really comfortable flying your Slo-V. The price and description (mid-sized foamy) sounds like a good match for what you're looking for.

Once you get used to flying a faster foamy with four-channel control, moving up to a 3D capable airframe won't be such a big leap.

Good luck, and good shopping!