Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

fFLYING HELP PLS....

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

fFLYING HELP PLS....

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 01:28 AM
RobbF.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fFLYING HELP PLS....

hello guys,

im kinda new to flying. but been flying around a bit. my first plane that i used and still am using now is the Tiger 2 by Carl Goldberg the 50 size. been able to fly it well, straight flights,loop, etc the basic maneuvers. i was wondering if what would be the best plane for me next after this plane? would it be a scale?pattern or war bird will do. got attracted with a war bird or scale and not much on the pattern. but ive heard its a good plane to practice precession flying.

may i know from the experts if what would be the most ideal for my stage now.
thank you very much
Old 12-09-2008, 04:49 AM
Jacked69

Default RE: fFLYING HELP PLS....

Robb I just got out of the same situation as you, I am sure many will agree the pulse xt 60 for a 2nd plane would be one of the best options, that is what I went with, it flys very very nice and very stable and is capable of many 3d moves and landings come in nice and slow. I do have a bran new Top Flite p-51 with a saito golden knight 100 but that will be my 3rd or 4th plane, DO NOT get a warbird for a 2nd plane, you wont be able to handle it. I only got mine because someone was selling the engine used 3 times and all electronics for 350$ that came out of a H9 spitfire so he took that all out and I bought the ARF from Top flight just to put aside as I pretty much stole the engine and electronics from him, heck the engine alone is about 350$. I would say the pulse xt 40 PNP that comes ready to fly or the pulse 60 arf, the 60 is going to be more stable due to the larger size, the only downfall is the gear is a bit flimsy but I just added more epoxy and replaced the steel bolts with nylon bolts so the bolts break before tearing off the fuselage. Nothing big enough to steer you away as H9 makes GREAT planes. Check it out, it looks very nice too.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:31 AM
RobbF.

jacked69

thank you very much for the helpful tip. ill try to scout for that plane if i can find it here in our country. if none, do you have anything else in mind? wow u have that P-51 from top flite, that really a very nice plane you got there, been checking that out too. you lucky you have that, that a very cool plane. thanks again
Old 12-09-2008, 06:14 AM
carrellh

If you are flying a Tiger 2 (photo) you are already flying what most consider a 'second plane' so you might be ready for a sport-scale model or warbird.

It really depends on the model. If the plane is 'too scale' it might be a handful. If the kit/ARF was designed as an RC model that looks like a full scale plane it likely has changes from true scale to make it fly better.

Take a look at the offerings from World Models. I think they have a distributor in Asia.
http://www.theworldmodels.com/para/index.php
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75372.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	1086567  
Old 12-09-2008, 10:21 PM
RobbF.

carell,

thanks a lot. i never thought im already flying a second plane to most. so true scale planes fly differently compare to the more RC looking planes?
thanks a lot carell
Old 12-10-2008, 12:38 PM
TideFlyer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Robb, "true scale" planes are really quite advanced models. When folks talk about true scale, they often are referring to larger, more elaborate warbirds. These planes are designed to mimic how the real aircraft flew, right down to their more demanding flight characteristics. In general, they are quite intolerant of even minor errors, such as a slightly low approach speed ( tip stall and crash). " Sport scale ", like Hangar 9`s line of 60 sized warbirds, while looking very good, have a more "user friendly" design that more closely resembles the more tolerant flight characteristics of sport planes like the CG tigers, 4*s, Pulse, etc.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:35 PM
RobbF.

tideflyer,

thanks a lot for the help. really appreciate it. that wouls be a great help for me. thanks
Old 12-10-2008, 09:02 PM
TideFlyer

Robb, a suggestion: before moving to any warbird, if that`s what you`re interested in, consider a taildragger sport plane first. Taildraggers aren`t really hard, but their takeoff and landing characteristics are different from trike gear. If you already knew this, I apologize for assuming that perhaps you didn`t.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:39 PM
Yub, yub, cmdr!

You can always convert your Tiger II to taildragger. There's holes predrilled and with blind nuts for taildragger gear on the plane already.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:32 PM
blhollo2
My Feedback: (278)

A GREAT PLANES CHEROKEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this plane flys great and does any trick you throw at it!
Old 12-10-2008, 10:36 PM
MetallicaJunkie

you cant go wrong with an extra 260 or an edge 540, i swear they almost land like trainers, and are very docile on low rates , like a nice sport plane
Old 12-11-2008, 08:04 AM
RobbF.

tideflyer

thanks again. dont apologize...i dont know this stuff.. but surely ill bear in mind your suggestion

david,

really great suggestion. thats really helpful u said there, i should have my tiger converted to a tail dragger so that i dont have to buy another kit just for the tail dragger

blhollo2
thanks, ill check that plane out

junkie,

are you referring to the big types? or the mid size planes? for you what maker has the best edge 540 or the extra 260? just need suggestions

thanks a lot to all!!!!appreciate it a lot
Old 12-11-2008, 02:56 PM
Adui

ORIGINAL: MetallicaJunkie

you cant go wrong with an extra 260 or an edge 540, i swear they almost land like trainers, and are very docile on low rates , like a nice sport plane
I bet it wont wash the dishes!

(Sorry couldnt resist)