Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

exceed j3 piper

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

exceed j3 piper

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 03:21 PM
inline300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exceed j3 piper

Im trying to work out a deal with someone on a hobbyzone super cub but should it fall through, Id like some input on the following:

exceed piper j3, says sale 65 bux U.S. on sale but maybe its always that cheap??

http://www.nitroplanes.com/j3pipercub.html

while I have your attention, does anyone have experience/ recommend any of the following:

http://www.nitroplanes.com/4channelrtf.html

As you can tell, I have 100 bux burning a hole in my pocket but not eager to go far above that.

Thanks
Old 12-16-2008, 09:35 AM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: exceed j3 piper

My experience with Exceed RC products has been positive so far. I'd expect that the $65 RTF J3 Cub is probably a decent flying plane so long as the wind is down. The Hobbyzone Super Cub is a much better known entity. If you can pick up the Hobbyzone Super Cub at a good price, it's your best bet for a nice flying airplane.

As for the rest of the Nitro Planes RTF electric line-up, well, let us know what you find.

Good luck and good shopping!
Old 12-17-2008, 12:52 AM
hugger-4641
My Feedback: (6)

I definitely reccomend the Super Cub. Haven't flown the nitro planes or the Exceed cub, but I have seen some negative posts here about nitroplanes customer service. Btw, I have bought a couple Super Cubs on e-bay for less than $100, including shipping. Just search "hobbyzone", but you need to pay close attention to shipping cost and description of plane. I like to deal with Hobbe-mart because their descriptions are accurate and they will make good on any problem they didn't list. I have my own formula that might help you if you decide to buy one this way.
First, since a new Super Cub is only $160 shipped from Hobbyzone, I will not spend more than $130 for one at e-bay. This is including shipping and I will only go this high if it is listed as NIB or only having light dings in wing or fuse. So if the shipping is $25, my max bid is going to be $105. I figure any part that goes bad right away is probably $30 or less so I'm not taking much of a risk if I buy one this way.
Second, if hobbe-mart or who ever lists it as having a bad servo, bad rx, no battery included, etc., I go to hobbyzone.com and find the cost of the items I would have to purchase to fix the plane. I deduct this cost plus shipping cost from $130 to determine what my maximum bid will be. For example, an rx for the Super cub is $26 and shipping is about $4, so if the plane is listed as having a bad rx and the shipping is $25, then my max bid is going to be $75 to $80 max. Of course many people don't think this way and spend too much in my opinion, so you may have to bid on two or three planes before you win one, but it has worked for me several times. Good luck on what ever you get, but lets hope it is a Super Cub!!
Old 01-26-2009, 10:42 PM
Sparrowhawk963

I've had nothing but good customer service from Nitroplanes. I bought two planes from them, one was a F4 EDF plane and it's great. But I also bought the Exceed J3 Cub and it's hard to get in the air. I would recomend a better plane like the Hobbyzone Cub with a brushless motor. You'll enjoy it more. But if you're looking for an EDF Jet, then Nitroplanes has the best prices and service I've found.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:55 PM
opjose

If an when you get it, the first thing you should do is to charge up the battery pack, put it in the plane and then discharge it.

Do this a few times in a row, allowing for the pack to cool between charges and discharges each time.

Finally charge it again, then time how long the plane will turn the motor over at 80% throttle.

Get yourself a small audible timer and set it for this amount of time minus a minute and use it while flying.