Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Maiden tips 2 pound su-31?

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Maiden tips 2 pound su-31?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 12:38 AM
wws2010

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maiden tips 2 pound su-31?

Hey everyone, I havent been on this forum to much but have been very distracted. About a year ago I got a great su-31 plane for christmas. I built it and got it ready to fly. As I grew the balls to finally take the step up from my space scooter and my twinn max and my pts f22 into a real acrobatic plane, life had other plans. I got the opportunity to play pro "pump" division paintball and I had to take it. Well I havent been flying for the last 9 months except for my new Raptor 50 I just bought. I am ready to maiden this thing as it nears a 1 year old mark. Is there any tips to get me back on the sticks and up with this plane? The space scooter and twin max are ruined due to hangar rash so that ruins my plans of building my way back up. I have noticed that the cg is way back which is not the best for stability. I am not very confident, does anyone have any tips that could help me?
Old 12-18-2008, 11:11 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Maiden tips 2 pound su-31?

Go to your local field/club and see if anyone has a trainer set up with a buddy box and get some stick time and instruction. Most clubs have an instructor or a trainer with the box, just ask for some help.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:21 AM
goirish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Maiden tips 2 pound su-31?

Make sure the CG is RIGHT!! Otherwise take a Wal-Mart bag with you to carry it home. Take the advice and get to a club and find a instructor. GOOOd LUCK.