Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

any new trainer/beginner planes coming out?

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

any new trainer/beginner planes coming out?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 11:41 AM
inline300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any new trainer/beginner planes coming out?

After digging around looking at the hobbyzone super cub, I realize, this plane is relatively old product.

Is the R/C plane world fast paced or will this one be around? I only ask, as Id hate to buy it, then notice a new improved cheaper RTF come out the next week.

I figure some of you get brochures and magazines on this hobby, just curious if there is anticipation of something that looking promising and more cost effective about to be introduced to the market and have the cub design.

Thanks

While I have your attention, any recommendations on a beginner cessna (or should it be avoided like the decathlon) or bi plane, I kinda like the bi plane look. Thanks
Old 12-18-2008, 12:23 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: any new trainer/beginner planes coming out?

The Hobbyzone Super Cub enjoys a rather unique spot in the electric RTF market. It was specifically designed for first time RC pilots to teach themselves how to fly, and it fits that roll almost perfectly. It won't be going away anytime soon.

The E-Flight Apprentice is a newer trainer, but it's double the price of the Hobbyzone Super Cub. There is also the new Mini Super Cub, but the larger plane is better for learning with.

The only other plane that pops into my mind is the upcoming Hobbico Flyzone Cessna 182 Skylane RTF. At $249.99, it features a 72Mhz FM radio system with buddy box adapter, 4-channel aileron control, and a brushless power system. Considering Flyzone's recent track record, however, I wouldn't hold my breath that this will turn out to be some kind of big, bad Hobbyzone Super Cub killer.

If you're not going to go to an AMA chartered club to learn to fly, or you don't want to spend a lot more money, the Super Cub is the right choice.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:50 PM
Gary496

I don't know about new design trainers. There are a bunch of old designs that are proven and will get you flying.
Today I rec'd E-Mail from Tower Hobbies, Tower 40 Size ARF trainer on sale for 59.95 and Super Tiger 45 on sale for 59.95. That would be an excellent combo and the trainer is a good flyer. You can't build a trainer kit for $60.
You also indicated you liked a Bipe. Bipes are a thing of beauty in the air but I don't think that is a good choice as a trainer. You must crawl before you can walk.
Happy Holidays

gary
Old 12-18-2008, 04:01 PM
inline300

what if its a HZ super cub turned biplane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH7_OEp3Rhc
Old 12-18-2008, 06:17 PM
Gary496

inline; are you really looking for a trainer or is this a lot of bull? Cub turned Biplane?
Old 12-18-2008, 06:28 PM
smokeyser

ORIGINAL: inline300

what if its a HZ super cub turned biplane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH7_OEp3Rhc

Neat! Now I know what to do with my super cub when I get tired of it.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:44 PM
kofi1013

I search for new planes almost everyday. I haven't seen anything new coming out. Hangar 9 has a T-34 Mentor RTF out but it cost $500. Its not new but an excellent choice is the Hobbico Electistar. This plane has a 63" wingspan but much easier and more stable than your Supper Cub. You need to go to an airfield to fly it but, once you do you will wonder why you didn't get one sooner
Old 12-19-2008, 08:05 AM
inline300

ORIGINAL: Gary496

inline; are you really looking for a trainer or is this a lot of bull? Cub turned Biplane?
WHAT? [&:]
Old 12-19-2008, 08:52 AM
inline300

ORIGINAL: kofi1013
Its not new but an excellent choice is the Hobbico Electistar.

I tried to get quotes on this one, but its not easily found, read it was discontinued.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:43 PM
brainox

ORIGINAL: bigedmustafa

The only other plane that pops into my mind is the upcoming Hobbico Flyzone Cessna 182 Skylane RTF. At $249.99, it features a 72Mhz FM radio system with buddy box adapter, 4-channel aileron control, and a brushless power system.

i think it cost much cheaper now.i've also found another cheap one, http://www.twift.com/RC%20Toys%20&%2...C%20Plane.html

i also a similar plane in a malaysian or indonesian rc forums that is way cheaper but i can remember the site.