Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

My Avistar control throws?

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

My Avistar control throws?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 08:21 PM
Jacked69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Avistar control throws?

I bought my fiancee a used Avistar trainer plane as you all know I am going to have someone teach her to fly, the person I bought it from only flown it 2 times and sold it for 175$ so it was a steel, but he said I have to adjust the throws on the ailerons, see that part of this hobby I am still learning, I can fly my pulse xt great but I want to learn how to do all the technical stuff by myself rather then bringing it to the hobby shop all the time, can someone explain or even show pictures of how I increase the throws on the ailerons and elevator etc? The tx is the stock one that comes with it. Dont know if you need to know that. Thanks for your help fellas, as always you have all be great and if it where not for this board I dont think I would know diddly about RC Planes and I dont get flamed like I did at RC Forums, if I where to ask this question there I would get attacked so bad I would delete the thread, thats why I left and came here. Again thank you all.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:34 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: My Avistar control throws?

I assume that the Avistar uses a single aileron servo and torque rods?

Hooking the pushrod closer to the end of the servo horn will give you more through since the tip of the horn travels farther than the area closer to the center as it rotates.

Also, putting the other end of the pushrod closer to the wing (pivot point of the torque rods) will increase throw.

To lower the throw, just do the opposite.

The trick is to find just the right combination to get the throw you want. Even with computer radios, you want to try and get everything as close as you can mechanically before making adjustments electronically in the radio.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:52 PM
flaminheli

If the ailerons only need minor adjustment you will need to unhook the plastic clevis from the control horn on the aileron and either screw it in or out, depending on which direction they need to be adjusted. I took my son's Avistar and set all control throws to maximum by moving the connections at the control horns and servo arms. On the ailerons I had to carve out the hole on the wing halves that the control rods go into so that the ailerons would get maximum movement. Needless to say, it is very responsive and agile now and he loves it. Not that the stock settings were not that good but he was getting board with them. It is probably just a matter of time before the wings rip off of it because of how quick and tight it manuevers now.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:30 AM
Jacked69

Thank you very much fellas, I kind of thought that is what I had to do is move the rods closer to the end as that woud give it more travel. I just cant wait to learn all of this stuff, but in time I will. I would also like to build my own ARF next time that will teach me alot doing my own rather than having them built.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:14 PM
rambler53
My Feedback: (494)

Remove the pushrod from the connector on the control horn, move the connector to the outside hole on the horns for each of the two rods, and then put the pushrods back on. That is where the adjustment comes to play in this case. The nylon parts are already positioned correctly.