Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Hobbico Charger

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Hobbico Charger

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 10:00 AM
chopper man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobbico Charger

I have a Hobbico Quick Field Charger Mark II that I use to charge all my batteries. I'm charging a Ni-Cad 1.2 volt 2800 Mah. Verything goes ok for several hours then I get the beepping and the alternating green and red light. I understand what the lights mean but why does everything go ok for several hours first. I've had this happen to other batteries only to reset and verything work ok to the battery receives its full charge and the light just flashes indicating that it's in the trickle charge mode. Thanks for the help.

chopper
Old 12-19-2008, 10:08 AM
seanucd2000
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Hobbico Charger

It just has an internal timer. If it doesn't peak within the time limit, it stops and beeps and lets you know. Turn up the amperage so it charges quicker, or figure out why it didn't peak. You can charge a NiCd that size at power well above what that charger can put out. That's been a dependable little field charger of mine for years.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:15 AM
chopper man

Default RE: Hobbico Charger

Thanks. I did not know that about that charger. I'll turn it up a liitle and see how that works.

chopper