Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Servo help please!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Servo help please!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 06:27 PM
Tcmdo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo help please!!!!

Hello all. I am brand new to tc planes and need your help. I got the art tech wing tiger for Christmas. I assembled it and am having problems with the wing aileron servo rods. The end opposite the servo horn keeps popping out of the small plastic circular housing on the aileron itself. Is there supposed to be a cap to hold it? I have logged alot of sim time and am anxious to try it out. Help please! Thank you in advance for your help.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:39 PM
jetmech05

Default RE: Servo help please!!!!

does it line up? sounds like you may have a bind somewhere.....try a small piece of fuel tubing to hold the clevis shut.....sim time is no subistute for real flying
Old 12-26-2008, 07:07 PM
richg99

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have something that looks similar to these? Rich
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXD886&P=7
Old 12-26-2008, 08:29 PM
Tcmdo

I do. My apologies to you and the first responder. I think my ignorance is showing. It is the opposite end of the rod, not the clevis that is popping off. Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz79213.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	1097107  
Old 12-26-2008, 09:55 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK what you have are z-bends on your wire pushrods. The plastic pieces you see are screwed onto the aileron torque rods. Turn the plastic pieces 90 degrees so that they are perpendicular to the ailerons. The z-bends will then lock into them. You should have some means of adjustment on the other end. I'll try to take a picture of something similar.

I see you are in Blue Bell PA. My wife is from up the road in Norristown. I believe there is an RC club in the area. Valley Forge Signal something I think? Maybe someone there could help you set the plane up. There's also a hobby shop in Norristown or Trooper? I wanna say on Egypt road? I could be wrong but I know I went to one around there one year when we were visiting for Christmas. There is also Penn Valley Hobby Center in Lansdale. Someone at one of those shops might be able to help as well.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:58 PM
jrcaster

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have clevises on the rods you have them hooked to the wrong end. The Z bend goes to the servo horn, and the clevis goes to the aileron horn. Instead of having the horn brackets (on the aileron torque rods) facing each other, the face the servo. To install, work the Z bend onto the servo horn, then fasten the clevis to the horn bracket.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:08 PM
Tcmdo

Thanks to jr and all who responded. I figured out the rod reversal about 20 min ago. Tomorrows the big day! Thanks again to all!
Old 12-27-2008, 11:02 AM
Villa

Hi Tcmdo
I hope you are letting someone who knows how to fly R/C planes help you learn to fly R/C. Otherwise a quick crash is just about certain. Many crashes. That is the real world.