Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Please help me pick float plane!

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Please help me pick float plane!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 12:54 AM
trpastor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help me pick float plane!

Hey Guys

I put a post in the ARf RTF forum and realized that it ended up not being as ARF as I thought.

Can you help me pick a float plane for a small area (about 3/4 acre pond surrounded by trees) that will handle decent in wind?

I'm thinking of either going with the slowstick, or the E-starter.

I have some links to the motors and setups i was looking at in the original thread here
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8286152/tm.htm

Thank you in advance for your help!!!
Old 12-27-2008, 02:51 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Please help me pick float plane!

Neither the Slow Stick nor the E-Starter are particularly well known for handling windy conditions. Have you seen the Park Flyers Hybrid Air yet?

http://www.parkflyers.com/html/hybrid-air.html
Old 12-27-2008, 11:09 PM
smokeyser

Default RE: Please help me pick float plane!

Most planes that are designed to be flown in a very small area tend to be super light and don't handle wind very well unless they're also quite fast. If you're expecting a lot of wind where you fly, built up balsa models might be a little more stable. If you think you can avoid winds over 5 mph or so, www.sigmfg.com has the sea easy arf for 75 bucks. Flying weight is only 23 - 28oz, but it's hard to get much heavier than that without getting into planes that might be a little scary for water flying.

EDIT: I'm not sure what the brushless equivalent of a .075 would be, but it seems like planes designed for nitro engines have little trouble fitting outrunners.