Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

micro cessna 210 centrion?

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

micro cessna 210 centrion?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 07:32 PM
micro guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default micro cessna 210 centrion?

Hi all,

I got a parkzone j-3 bl for Christmas. I have only flown it once, due to the weather. Anyways i am looking into getting a micro cessna to fly over in my neighbors yard. Does anyone have one. If so please tell me how you like it. I have read about it, but i don't know how it flies.

Thanks in advance micro guy
Old 12-31-2008, 11:18 PM
andrewtexas123

Default RE: micro cessna 210 centrion?

Get a parkzone vapor more user friendly, fly in smaller area, Lighter, control better. Yet just as strong. If you get into these type planes then you cant fy in any wind

Andrew
Old 01-01-2009, 11:18 AM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's fun for what it is. Loops are about out of the question, if that gives you an idea of the marginal power. I fly mine in half a basketball court, and a 40X 60 shop with a 14 foot ceiling. Figure 8 flying is about al you will accomplish.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:28 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I've flown all of the ParkZone planes in this series, including the Cessna you ask about here. You're going to be limited to indoor flying with them, or outdoor flying limited to windless days. As Deadeye said above, you are very limited to the aerobatics you can do with them. You can get a loop out of the plane by diving to build up enough speed to loop the plane. But since the plane doesn't have ailerons you are very limited to what else you can do. If you are going to buy one of this series I would recommend the Ember. It flies a bit better than the Citabria or the Cessna, and is a bit easier to get a loop out of.

We fly in a college fitness center that we rent once a month. It's the size of two basketball courts. The ParkZone planes are perfect for this kind of plane.

There are rumors that there will be a new plane coming from Parkzone that will have ailerons on it, but I haven't seen anything official from ParkZone yet.

Ken
Old 01-01-2009, 03:49 PM
micro guy

Ok, so i should go with the ember? I want to do loops, and fly inverted. I will be only flying this outside. Thanks micro guy
Old 01-01-2009, 04:17 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

You won't be flying any of the inverted. You might get it inverted for a second or two, but you won't fly any of them inverted for any length of time. Even with the Ember you won't be able to do this. You can get loops out of it. But, as I said before, only by diving the plane first to build up enough speed to get a loop.

Also, like I said, if you hare flying outdoors you will have to fly it with very little to no wind at all. You have to remember that these planes are extremely light, less than an ounce total weight. Any amount of wind will cause problems. In fact, in the gym we fly in there is a corner we usually try to avoid because the ventilation system of the bulding makes for a lot of turbulence in that corner.

Ken