Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Canopy for my TF p-51 1/7th scale

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Canopy for my TF p-51 1/7th scale

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 03:03 AM
Jacked69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canopy for my TF p-51 1/7th scale

I do not have the canopy for my p-51 because the A hole I had build it first kept the canopy and 3 servos and said he was almost done building it and 4 weeks later I told him done or not i am picking it up and gave to someone else, but he kept the canopy and TF has the canopy on backorder until mid march, does anyone know if I can get one sooner from somewhere else? Thanks fellas.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:22 AM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Canopy for my TF p-51 1/7th scale

You can fly in mid-March near Chicago? Here in Minneapolis, good flying weather is a late-April, early-May thing. And that's iffy!

Get yourself on TF's backorder list.

If you really do need it sooner, post a wanted ad on RCU's marketplace or a competing forum's swap shop. My bet is that the competing forum's swap shop could probably produce one. I recently picked up a kit from 1994 there within a day of placing an ad. Pretty amazing.

If those don't work for you, start calling your local hobby shops. They won't have the part in stock, but they may have the full ARF - - and be willing to part with the canopy for a bit more than you'd otherwise pay for it.

My advice is to pursue all three of those options, if you really feel you need the canopy as soon as possible.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:53 AM
Jacked69

Default RE: Canopy for my TF p-51 1/7th scale

That is what I was thinking, I wont be flying it in march but will be in april but just wanted it fully ready to go to ease my mind from what I went through with the first builder taking it for 4 weeks and did nothing but take it out of the box. I will do that and post a wanted ad, I am on TFs backorder list but maybe I can get one sooner on the trade site. Thanks for the opinions fellas.