Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Newbie to airplane..

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Newbie to airplane..

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 06:09 PM
samguan

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Newbie to airplane..

Has been practicing in RealFlight F4 for sometime now.. and are looking for an airplane...

the two thing I'm looking for is

-Brand name
-Good parts support.

Price. <$200

Any thing like that?? Please recommend me some..
Old 02-01-2009, 06:17 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Newbie to airplane..

I've put together a list of planes that make good trainers and second planes. All of them on the list are proven planes that are well suited for successfully letting students learn to fly, or advance to a second plane. Check out the list here
[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4537845/tm.htm] Looking for a trainer- what's available. (Updated 01-03-2009) [/link]

Hope this helps

Ken
Old 02-01-2009, 08:09 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

for something under $200 from a reputable manufacturer and available repair parts, this would be the best bet: http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=HBZ7100

It is pretty popular so you'll likely be able to find it locally too.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:19 PM
Tom Nied

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Heck, even a somewhat experienced flier like myself would like to have one of those. I bet those are fun.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:59 PM
6inarow
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Tom Nied

Heck, even a somewhat experienced flier like myself would like to have one of those. I bet those are fun.
Excellent plane!! You would not be sorry if you got one, Ive been flying one forever and really enjoy flinging that thing around, Now my boys are learning to fly on it! Excellent trainer before you go to glow.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:20 AM
Witterings

The Supercub as mentioned is a good beginners plane other good alternatives are the the Multiplex Easystar and if you've really got a lot of Sim time possibly their MiniMag which you can start as 3 channels rudder only and takes about 5 mins when you're ready to connect the ailerons.
This is assuming you're going to be self taught and looking for electric although if you can you''re better off joining a club and getting some help in which case it also opens up a number of other alternative planes.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:53 AM
opjose

Better choice:

[link=http://www.********.com/airplanes/wildhawkplane-about.htm]Click me![/link]

Inexpensive, large, easy to repair, eminently upgradeable ( see other videos on that site ), check out the crash videos too, sold by many different vendors... etc.

Old 02-02-2009, 02:38 PM
HighPlains
My Feedback: (1)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What is your goal in airplanes? What kind of airplanes do you want to be flying in a year or two?
Old 02-02-2009, 10:46 PM
samguan

I just want to try it it. never flown an RC airplane before..just want to taste what it's like and go on from there...I've been flying simulator for sometime now...everything seems pretty good..
Old 02-02-2009, 10:48 PM
samguan

this Super Cub Anti-Crash Technology seems very interesting...does it work good?
Old 02-02-2009, 11:08 PM
hugger-4641
My Feedback: (6)

It works ok after you get 50 feet high or more, but by the time you are able to get it that high, you probably don't need it. My experience teaching others to fly this plane is that the anti-crash often causes more problems than it solves unless you keep it higher than the trees. Great plane to learn on though, easy and cheap to repair. Foam glue and packing tape will fix almost anything that breaks on it! Very popular plane also, so you wont have any problem selling it if you decide to move up to something else.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:25 AM
Witterings

ORIGINAL: samguan

this Super Cub Anti-Crash Technology seems very interesting...does it work good?
Personally I know it saved mine from being destroyed on it's maiden as it cut in about 4 times and I didn't need it after the 1st 6 or so flights but I have leard a lot of other people say it caused them more problems than it solved.
Something I didn't realise as well is how high you shlould fly as a newbie and was suprised when I went down to a club and saw the height the beginners were flying at !!!
Old 02-03-2009, 03:24 PM
hugger-4641
My Feedback: (6)

I had the same misconception when I started flying. For some reason I had this flawed instinct that urged me to keep it low so I could see it and control it better. After a few crashes someone finally opened my eyes to the fact that "altitude is your friend", get up high as quickly as you can and then experiment with things!