Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

throws

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 05:56 AM
wzak29
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default throws

(PT-40MKII)

SINGLE RATE TRANSMITTER
The following throws are for a transmitter that does not
have Dual Rates.
PT-40
ELEVATOR 1/4" up 1/4" down
RUDDER 1/4" right 1/4" left
AILERONS 7/16"up 1/4" down

How do you mechanically setup ailerons so it moves 7/16” up and ¼” down? also ¼” throws seems to little to me my trim controls almost moves them that much.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:26 AM
jetmech05

Default RE: throws

Please set your throws as to the instructions...too much throw and the airplane will be too sensitive....you can always change it later if you want...
you set the offset on your throws by having the servo arm at something other than 90 degress to the servo...if you have 1 aileron servo....use a star shaped servo horn...cut the arms off of the horn except for the 2 that would be the bottom of the star.... now you have 2 horns that can't be 90 degrees to the servo...mount the the horn so that the 2 arms are equal on the servo and point to the leading edge of the wing...hook up the pushrods
Good Luck
Old 03-15-2009, 07:37 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Start with the aileron servo arm straight. The torque rods are set at an angle which should give you the difference
Old 03-15-2009, 07:49 AM
LuftwaffeOberst
Banned

removed
Old 03-16-2009, 10:09 AM
hogflyer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To add to what MinnFlyer said - when you look at the torque rods for the ailerons they should look like they are angled forward with the ailerons in their neutral position. This geometry will allow for more up movement in the ailerons than down (low wing planes should have the torque rods angled backwards for the same effect) to provide for the aileron differential. Set you ailerons up so you get the recommended up throw and don't worry about the down throw. After you fly the plane then make adjustments to the throws as necessary for your own individual plane. This is the way I always did it in the days when we didn't have computer radios, servo reverse, etc.

Hogflyer