Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

balance point for Tigre 60

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

balance point for Tigre 60

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 06:09 AM
goirish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default balance point for Tigre 60

Had a mishap and need to balance my Tigre 60. Anyone know how far back on the wing the CG is suppose to be. I can't find the stupid plans. Thanks
Old 05-03-2009, 07:09 AM
CGRetired
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: balance point for Tigre 60

Irish.. you may be able to download the plans from their web site or perhaps from Tower Hobbies if you search on Tiger 60, it may have a link to the manual.

Better yet.. here's the link.

http://manuals.hobbico.com/gbg/gbga0068-manual.pdf

CGr.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:02 AM
AviationNut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

According to my plans, the CG range is between 3 3/4" and 4 3/4" back from the leading edge.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:28 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: goirish

Had a mishap and need to balance my Tigre 60. Anyone know how far back on the wing the CG is suppose to be. I can't find the stupid plans. Thanks
If you use the 25% rule you will never need the "stupid" plans. Mean Aerodynamic Chord (MAC) is simply 25% of the chord in the normal straight wing model airplane flying at sub-sonic speeds within the realm of convergent airflow.

If you balance the model with a CG is at 25% of the MAC of your model and a mishap does happen, then you can be assured that said mishap was NOT a fault of the CG. Look elsewhere!

Within the conditions as stated in the first sentence of my post, you can be between 20 and 28% and the model will fly very safely as far as the CG is concerned. After a bit you can adjust farther aft if you so desire. How far back depends on your bravery. Aft of 35% will test your skills.