Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

crash

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 08:49 AM
zippom2
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crash

Hi I crashed a ARROW semi-symmetrical Hangar 9 plane. I then repaired it but can't get the transmitter to work. When I turn engage the switch on the plane the servos move once but that's it. The transmitter will not move the servos at all! I charged everything up and connected all leads according to the manual. Can someone please help................................ZIP[]
Old 09-02-2009, 09:29 AM
dignlivn

Default RE: crash

It's possible that the Rx did not survive the crash.
If it's on 72 mGhz, it maybe the crystal also.

Bob
Old 09-02-2009, 09:30 AM
hugger-4641
My Feedback: (6)

Obviously, the transmitter was not damaged in the crash unless you threw it to the ground afterward. You need to tell us what kind of transmitter and reciever you have. From what you describe it sounds like you are getting some power to the reciever or the servo's wouldn't twitch. But you may have a loose connection, may have a dead or damaged the battery,may have knocked the crystal loose in the reciever if its a 72mh system, or you may damaged the reciever itself. I would start by making sure you have a good battery, and let us know what kind of radio system you have.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:43 AM
zippom2

OK the battery is new I replaced the one in the crash. The transmitter is a JR Sport S400 4 channel radio and the receiver is a JR Sport RS600 72/50MHZ. I hope that is enough info.

Zip
Old 09-02-2009, 11:47 AM
dignlivn

Bypass the switch and see if it works.

Bob
Old 09-02-2009, 11:48 AM
opjose

Pull the receiver out of the plane.

Remove and re-insert the crystal.

Connect a servo to it.

Turn on your TX

Connect a charged RX battery.

Try to move the servo.

If it moves, with the RX ON, move the servo lead to another channel.

Repeat to see of the RX passes the test.

If so, put the servo back on the first channel, and while moving the servo, tap the RX lightly on your table top.

Does it continue to work through the knocks?

If not replace it.

If so, you may have something amiss elswhere in the wiring of your plane, as it is unlikely to be the RX... ( assuming the antenna wire is good and undamaged. ).

Old 09-02-2009, 11:58 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I agree with the others, it sounds like it's either the switch or the receiver. Even if it turns out the receiver still works it's still a good idea to have it sent in for service after the crash. There are a lot of fragile parts in a receiver such as this and the shock from the crash can cause damage that won't show until it's subjected to the vibration of a running engine. I always send in a receiver after a crash to have it serviced, trust me in that it's cheap insurance for the next plane you want to use that receiver in!!

Ken
Old 09-02-2009, 01:05 PM
Missileman

I had a receiver that was in a crash and it worked fine until I fired the engine up. The vibration from the engine proved the receiver was indeed damaged in the crash.
If you get it to work thoroughly test it before you fly along with a very good range check.
RCKens advice is probably best, send it in and have it checked out.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:07 PM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you send the RX for testing send the switch harnes with it. Let them check it at the same time. You'd be surprised how easy they get damaged.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:22 PM
hogflyer

Or the transmitter could not transmitting due to a blown fuse? I've had that happen a few times, especially if the TX is turned on too soon after charging. I've started carrying spare fuses for my JR/Spektrum radio's.

You have to take the screws out of the back of the case, pull the battery crystal, and carefully remove the back. Then you'll be able to check the fuse to see if it's blown or not. Be careful when putting the case back together so you don't tighten the screws up too much and strip out the case.

Hogflyer
Old 09-02-2009, 10:59 PM
sportrider_fz6

what caused the crash? I may be reaching here, but I've had the same issue when the RX battery is dead. the servos will jump when you first turn on the switch then they won't do anything.

EDIT: sorry I just re-read your post and see you did charge the battery. did you check the voltage?
Old 09-06-2009, 12:35 PM
zippom2

Thanks everyone I'm still working on it,but thanks for all the info......................zip

"Uncommon valor was a common virtue."
Old 09-08-2009, 05:48 PM
zippom2

Thanks everyone, the problem was the receiver i replaced it and everything works fine. Thanks again................zip
Old 09-08-2009, 08:46 PM
TedMo

Hey Zip! Check that old rx crystal That is likely your problem. Would be a shame to trash rx if only a bad crystal which can be replaced for couple bucks.