Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Finally got to fly my Superstar

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Finally got to fly my Superstar

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2003, 02:13 PM
SlickCE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got to fly my Superstar

I finally got my Superstar up yesterday... Flew great, ran without a beat and I did not have too many problems Best thing of all is that it is ready to go again!

So off to the field we go
Old 06-29-2003, 03:42 PM
Balsa

do you not mean it didn't miss a beat? because if you don't then you've got an MDS on your hands
Old 06-30-2003, 03:14 AM
rfw1953
My Feedback: (2)

Good choice in a trainer and your point is exactly why I recommend this trainer. It seems that you can fly it, and then turn around and fly it over and over without having all the little problems that seem to come with cheap poorly built trainers.

Some folks complain about the wire landing gear and foam wheels. They complain about bouncing when landing. One thing I have observed is that if you can land this trainer with the wire landing gear, without bouncing, then you are learning to land it the right way. This will serve you well you move up to larger airplanes where you really have to land them vs. just floating them down.

You are on the right track. Good luck and have fun............
Old 06-30-2003, 11:38 AM
SlickCE

It was actually kind of hard to keep it where I wanted to when I flew.. The wind was gusting , at times keeping the sock straight out.

I found that when I turned on the downwind leg the turn was a long drawn out affair unless I pulled in elevator to shorten the leg. The when I turned into the wind it was almost like it dived into the turn and I would have to level the wings out a bunch to keep the turn to a decent rate.

I would be cruising along fine and then suddenly the nose would be pushed up by a gust and I had to work the elevator to keep the attitude where I wanted it..

I also noticed it was a lot more stressful than I thought it would be... never noticed the back hurting like it has been lately but as soon as it was on the ground .. Wham!... in pain again..

But it was a blast!
Old 06-30-2003, 12:39 PM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found that when I turned on the downwind leg the turn was a long drawn out affair unless I pulled in elevator to shorten the leg. The when I turned into the wind it was almost like it dived into the turn and I would have to level the wings out a bunch to keep the turn to a decent rate.

I would be cruising along fine and then suddenly the nose would be pushed up by a gust and I had to work the elevator to keep the attitude where I wanted it..
Slick,
Yep, welcome to RC.

If you're going to fly in wind, this is all pretty common. Learning to handle wind with your trainer is the best thing you can do.

I WILL say that low wing planes with higher wing loadings will handle wind better. And as you gain experience, you'll find that making all those corrections becomes second nature, and you won't even have to think about it.
Dennis-