Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Looking for Fellow Flyers on Oahu, Hawaii

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Looking for Fellow Flyers on Oahu, Hawaii

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 08:53 PM
beachbrada
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Fellow Flyers on Oahu, Hawaii

I just moved back to Hawaii and wanted to see if anyone here is from Oahu?
Old 02-02-2010, 11:32 PM
OzMo
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Looking for Fellow Flyers on Oahu, Hawaii

Send Me an airplane ticket and I will fly with you Its be very snowy and cold here in Mo. I am having withdrawl symptoms, need a glow fuel fix.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:14 PM
Sk8rob

I live on Oahu. What and where do you fly?
Old 02-04-2010, 12:03 AM
beachbrada

I live in Ewa, just got out of the Air Force and havent flown yet. I have a park near my house where I am thinking about taking my OMP Pro Yak for a flight. I also fly a Aeroworks Edge 540 .60 size but I will fly that at a larger field. Those are my two planes right now, but I want to get the Great Planes Seawind electric so I can fly it at the beach. What do u fly and where do u live?
Old 02-04-2010, 12:56 PM
Sk8rob

Wow, that's right down the road from me. I live in Ewa Beach and fly at the park you're talking about on Renton road. When the kids are not playing sports I'm out there everyday after work. Other than that, I think Saturday afternoon and Sunday are the only days you can fly out there. I usually head out to the Kailua field on Sunday's to fly. I fly a Mustang, SHP 300, Funtana X100, EF-16, Trojan, and a whole bunch more...I'm addicted.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:30 PM
3dd
My Feedback: (6)

hey has it changed much there? can a single person get a heavy equipment job there and support himself ok,, i am newly single and that is a good place to live hahahawish i could
Old 02-04-2010, 06:23 PM
Sk8rob

ORIGINAL: 3dd

hey has it changed much there? can a single person get a heavy equipment job there and support himself ok,, i am newly single and that is a good place to live hahahawish i could
Not sure if right now is the best time to come out here, the economy is in pretty bad shape. If you knew somebody that could get you in, then I'd say make the move. We can fly ALL year long out here
Old 02-04-2010, 07:33 PM
beachbrada

ORIGINAL: Sk8rob

Wow, that's right down the road from me. I live in Ewa Beach and fly at the park you're talking about on Renton road. When the kids are not playing sports I'm out there everyday after work. Other than that, I think Saturday afternoon and Sunday are the only days you can fly out there. I usually head out to the Kailua field on Sunday's to fly. I fly a Mustang, SHP 300, Funtana X100, EF-16, Trojan, and a whole bunch more...I'm addicted.
Cool, the field I was thinking about flying at is the one right across Zippy's. I think I know which field u are talking about, its on the left side of the road. So where do u buy your glow fuel from. I have a Saito 125 and Saito 82 on my planes so I want to run at least 15% nitro. What time do u go out to fly after work? Ya I know what u mean about addicted, when I first started flying two years ago I could only think about flying and buying more planes and stuff. But Ive slowed down my frenzy now and Im sticking to the two planes I got. How old r u? Maybe Ill come by the park one day and check u out. Give me your number in a private message if u want. Its funny because I thought you might have been these other guys that were flying the other night. Tuesday night at the park across from Zippys there were some people flying some electric planes with lights all over them to fly at night.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:36 PM
islandflyer

Beachbrada,

Come out and fly the big stuff at the swamp.
I plan to be be there Saturday and Sunday after-noons.
Rob is stuck: limited to Sundays...
Old 02-04-2010, 10:57 PM
beachbrada

Ya I need to take out the Aeroworks Edge to the Swamp, I dont want to risk hitting something at the park. But I want to take the OMP Pro Yak to the park since its close, who has the best prices on fuel?
Old 02-04-2010, 11:18 PM
islandflyer

Thee is only one store I know has glow fuel in stock: Hobbietat in Kaimuki
Old 02-05-2010, 01:39 AM
Sk8rob

ORIGINAL: beachbrada

ORIGINAL: Sk8rob

Cool, the field I was thinking about flying at is the one right across Zippy's. I think I know which field u are talking about, its on the left side of the road. So where do u buy your glow fuel from. I have a Saito 125 and Saito 82 on my planes so I want to run at least 15% nitro. What time do u go out to fly after work? Ya I know what u mean about addicted, when I first started flying two years ago I could only think about flying and buying more planes and stuff. But Ive slowed down my frenzy now and Im sticking to the two planes I got. How old r u? Maybe Ill come by the park one day and check u out. Give me your number in a private message if u want. Its funny because I thought you might have been these other guys that were flying the other night. Tuesday night at the park across from Zippys there were some people flying some electric planes with lights all over them to fly at night.
oh,I tried going to that park, but there are always people there when Igo. Iusually head out to the other field on the left side of the road around 4:45pm if it's empty. I was going to try and head out there tomorrow, swing by if you can. Likeislandflyer said, the only place that Iknow of to buy fuel is hobbietat...google it for the address.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:40 AM
Sk8rob

ORIGINAL: islandflyer

Beachbrada,

Come out and fly the big stuff at the swamp.
I plan to be be there Saturday and Sunday after-noons.
Rob is stuck: limited to Sundays...
this is true, but I'll be off next friday-monday, so I'll be out there ALLweekend! you better come out and bring my favorite plane...
Old 02-14-2010, 08:11 PM
ComeAWN

Where is the "swamp"? I maybe moving there and have a couple of gaint scale birds. like a Aeroworks 35% Edge 540 anywhere else to fly?
Old 02-15-2010, 02:57 AM
islandflyer

The "swamp" is the local name for the marsh area where the ASRCC (Aloha State Remote Control Club) flies. It is the only dedicated RC field on the island. I everything including the 43% Edge there.
I have attached a pdf of Google map showing the location.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Mk25240.pdf (120.3 KB, 168 views)
Old 02-15-2010, 09:59 PM
ComeAWN

Sweet thanks bro, that will sure be local as I plan on living in Kailua!

I have herd of people flying on NAS Barbers point? so no longer?

Old 02-15-2010, 11:00 PM
islandflyer

The only other real R/C spot (aside from the usual local parks and baseball fields) is the Marines base (Kaneohe MCBH) where flying is allowed Sundays only (when there is no full scale plane flying); that precarious arrangement may not last much longer, but it is currently an active club with turbine jets, war birds and other regular planes.
I just prefer the surroundings of a grass park, rather than being surrounded by pavement.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:22 PM
ComeAWN

cool thats where i maybegoing. I guess I'll just look around before I start. Is the swamp 7 days a week?
Old 02-16-2010, 01:40 PM
islandflyer

Is the swamp 7 days a week?
Yes
Old 02-16-2010, 02:36 PM
Sk8rob

ORIGINAL: islandflyer

The only other real R/C spot (aside from the usual local parks and baseball fields) is the Marines base (Kaneohe MCBH) where flying is allowed Sundays only (when there is no full scale plane flying); that precarious arrangement may not last much longer, but it is currently an active club with turbine jets, war birds and other regular planes.
I just prefer the surroundings of a grass park, rather than being surrounded by pavement.
I usually head out to the base in the mornings on Sunday's until the glider guys leave the swamp at 1pm. Maybe you should let me borrow that beautiful jet to fly while I'm at the base
Old 07-10-2011, 06:45 PM
xzystnc

Aloha folks,

If I can find a place to fly RC airplanes in the Makakilo area....which "Beachbrada"and others mentioned. (They've mentioned an EWA BEACHpark don't know where itexactly is and ifit's okay..withthe sheriffs)..

Anyways,Id likedtryand give it a go again at age 63 years.. I never went beyond control line.. planes.. with names like Ring Master, Baby Clown..Top Flite .. McCoy 35, Thimble Drome Golden Bee etc. but I never graduated to Radio Control... Anyways,anticipating some good news regarding places to fly....

Does anyone have solid websites to buy a starter RC plane? There's seems to be a lot of them.. and between You Tube and Google.. I'm become aware of some names and products..

Sure would appreciate some referrals on somegood online stores.. or shoppes in Honolulu if any, I know it's not likethe ol' days.. when your friendly drug storessold model planes, engines and parts.. I'm talking way back.. circa 1960's .unfortunately not any more..
Mahalo in advance...

And thank you very much,

Phil Enomoto, Realtor
Philip Enomoto Realty, LLC
(808) 524-6588
Old 07-10-2011, 11:15 PM
ComeAWN

Phil, The best thing I can thing of is buying a foam electric plane such as the Parkzone Trojan. http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PKZ5080

Or the parkzone P-51 mustang. http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PKZ1880

I have owned both and they are very forgiving. I still fly the Trojan all the time. I gave my mustang to a friend or I'd still have it too.

The only place I know of is the hobbietat as listed above.

Happy flying
Old 07-11-2011, 04:00 AM
goirish

I would be happy to come down and fly with you.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:23 AM
xzystnc

Thanks very much.
Heading up to Hobbietat first chance. I have to sell this house for a paramedic buddy of mine.. out at Waipio Gentry..
Good price on a large lot home.. setting price this week.. He's got to move up to Washington state by August.
Will let you know what I have..
Gas is not a possibility in Ewa beach eh?

Mahalos,

Phil
Old 07-11-2011, 11:36 AM
ComeAWN

ORIGINAL: xzystnc

Thanks very much.
Heading up to Hobbietat first chance. I have to sell this house for a paramedic buddy of mine.. out at Waipio Gentry..
Good price on a large lot home.. setting price this week.. He's got to move up to Washington state by August.
Will let you know what I have..
Gas is not a possibility in Ewa beach eh?

Mahalos,

Phil
I don't think so but Im sure you will be welcome at the swamp at kailua.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.